Talk

Advanced search

How do you store your garlic??

(11 Posts)
RiojaLover75 Thu 17-Jul-08 16:24:36

I'm fed up of going to the cupboard to find a little green shoot in the middle of the bulbs I've not yet used!

How do you store yours? It says a cool dry place.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

CountessDracula Thu 17-Jul-08 16:25:52

in the larder

MaureenMLove Thu 17-Jul-08 16:25:54

In the cupboard, with my spices. No special treatment here. We do use rather a lot of it though, so maybe the answer is to buy a smaller amount?

CountessDracula Thu 17-Jul-08 16:26:27

yes us too

OverMyDeadBody Thu 17-Jul-08 16:27:10

In a pot, with a lid. If I get a little green shoot I still use the bulbs of garlic though.

ChippyMinton Thu 17-Jul-08 16:27:30

In a garlic pot - it's unglazed clay I think. Seems to work.

plantsitter Thu 17-Jul-08 16:27:59

Me too - in the herb cupboard in a jamjar with holes in the lid. Not sure the jar with holes in the lid is essential but I like the old-fashionedness of it! It hardly ever sprouts in there either.

RiojaLover75 Thu 17-Jul-08 16:31:43

Ah I have one of those little clay pots too. It never worked for me. Maybe I should swap cupboards?

Definately agree I should probably just buy one bulb at a time. But it's always such a PITA when I get the urge to cook or marinade something (it doesn't happen very often grin) and there's no bloody garlic!

ChopsTheDuck Thu 17-Jul-08 16:34:31

I still use it even if it does shoot. I've got garlic all over the place. I have wet garlic int he fridge, normal in the cupboard, and a big plait of smoked garlic hanging on the wall. Running low actually, I need a trip to france.

giraffeski Thu 17-Jul-08 19:57:27

Message withdrawn

NomDePlume Thu 17-Jul-08 20:01:25

in the fridge. we get through so much of it that it doesn't get the chance to go funny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now