Talk

Advanced search

Menu Swap - Am in a rut please help!

(6 Posts)
Lizzzombie Wed 16-Jul-08 21:30:02

Hi, apologies if this is done before.

I have fallen into a menu rut and seem to cook the same thing over and over again each week.
Does anyone have any easy (cheap) ideas I could try out instead of my ususals?

Am a veggie so would prefer non meat dishes (or ones which can be altered via lentils or fish)

My staple menu is:

Quiche & Salad
Baked pots with filling
Veggie lasagne
Roasted veggies and hummous
Stir fry
Fish fingers & chips (grin)
Healthy pizzas
Veggie Curry
Bean hotpot
Bean Chilli

Am bored bored bored!

charmkin Wed 16-Jul-08 21:34:04

pesto bake: put spuds through blender to get really really thin slices
layer with pesto in dish
pour over sour cream
top with cheese
bake till spuds soft

grilled aubergines with tomato satay
satay sauce - sweat onions and add tinned toms, peanut butter and teaspoon chillies in oil
serve with aubergine and rice

EffiePerine Wed 16-Jul-08 21:37:37

Have just made some nice veg samosas and cheese filo things. Filling for samosas: any old veg, chopped and sauteed for a few mins with some curry paste (parboil potatoes if you are using them), cheese filling = feta (chopped) mixed with equal parts of cottage cheese and 1 egg per 8oz of cheese (mixed).

Cut filo pastry (I use the frozen stuff, defrosted obviously) into wide strips (I get about 3 per sheet). Briush with melted butter, add spoonful of filling to one end and either fold corner-wise so you get a triangle or roll into cigars (folding hte edges in about 1/3 of the way along). Bush with more melted butter and bake till golden (about 20 mins).

You can do loads of other fillings, like spinach and ricotta, mince and pine nuts (not veggie obv)and you can make a big pie rather than little parcels if you prefer.

Lizzzombie Thu 17-Jul-08 07:41:02

thanks for these ideas.
Might make it more exciting next week!

lucysmam Thu 17-Jul-08 09:15:36

not sure how to post a link but i started a thread for cheap easy ideas for meals n there's loads on there so will find out how & post it for you. might not all be veggie but there were some and they could be altered

lucysmam Thu 17-Jul-08 09:15:45

not sure how to post a link but i started a thread for cheap easy ideas for meals n there's loads on there so will find out how & post it for you. might not all be veggie but there were some and they could be altered

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now