Talk

Advanced search

Chicken & spinach

(11 Posts)
1petshortofazoo Wed 16-Jul-08 16:05:57

My neighbour has just given me some fresh spinach out of her garden, I have never cooked or tried it before. I have some chicken breasts in the fridge and a few bits and bobs. does anyone know of any easy, tasty recipes??

Jodie x

filthymindedvixen Wed 16-Jul-08 16:11:11

Slice chicken breasts in half (almost), fill with cream cheese, chopped ham and spinach. Tie up (or stick with cocktail sticks,) wra with foil, bake for 35 mins.

Or, make a tomato sauce, fry chicken and fill pancakes with chicken, spanch and tomato sauce. Cover with grated cheese, grill till cheese is melty.

Or, chop onion, garlic, chicken, fry in olive oil, add curry powder, water, mushrooms, chickpeas, salt and pepper, cook for 20 mins, add spinach 5 mins before serving for a quick chicken sag curry.

1petshortofazoo Wed 16-Jul-08 16:15:59

Wow they all sound very yummy, will raid the fridge.

thanks x

littlelapin Wed 16-Jul-08 16:17:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OverMyDeadBody Wed 16-Jul-08 16:19:47

<drool> at fresh spinach. I'd just blanch it and eat it with salt, pepper and lemon, or a grating of nutmeg.

filthymindedvixen Wed 16-Jul-08 16:19:50

Also, rinse and pout in a plastic bag - spinach will last a couple of days and is really nice alongside lettuce in salads.

1petshortofazoo Wed 16-Jul-08 16:21:00

do I stuff the chicken with raw spinach? or cook it 1st?

filthymindedvixen Wed 16-Jul-08 16:21:51

raw - it will cook itself inside the chicken breast.

MuffinMclay Wed 16-Jul-08 16:23:13

Thai green curry.

Marinate chicken with soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, cornflour for 20 mins or so.

Fry the chicken with garlic and chillies for 3 mins, add thai curry paste and coconut milk. Simmer for 20 mins. Throw in spinach at the end.

We're having that tonight.

1petshortofazoo Wed 16-Jul-08 16:23:25

Nice one I think I'll do that, if I just plonk it on DS's plate I dont think he will eat it but he loves chicken and cheese

Jodie x

bellavita Wed 16-Jul-08 16:31:43

this is lovely

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now