Talk

Advanced search

Suggestions please. Salmon fillets ?

(16 Posts)
clumsymum Wed 16-Jul-08 11:13:52

I am utterly without inspiration for tonights family dinner.

We have already had rice twice this week, and pasta last night, so a suggestion for something tasty, simple and healthy to do with these salmon steaks please.

PeachyBAHons Wed 16-Jul-08 11:14:57

i'm doing mione teriyaki with noodles

nailpolish Wed 16-Jul-08 11:18:04

fish pie with salmon, parsley sauce and mashed potatoes

fruittea Wed 16-Jul-08 11:21:05

Wrap in a slice of bacon and bake, serve with little roastie potatoes and parsnip mash.

Swedes Wed 16-Jul-08 11:21:09

Cover the bottom of the bowl with creamed spinach (defrosted and drained) place salmon on top. Top off with a cheese sauce and bake in oven for 20 mins so the top goes golden. Serve with green veg and new potatoes.

TillyScoutsmum Wed 16-Jul-08 11:22:39

I do salmon steaks wrapped in parma ham with herby lentils and spinach

(Throw a tin of puy lentils in a pan, heat, drain, add lemon juice, olive oil & s&p, throw in some spinach and fresh herbs - basil, mint, parsley all good - and serve with blob of creme fraiche/yoghurt)

Really tasty/healthy and summery and takes about 10 mins

fruittea Wed 16-Jul-08 11:24:00

broccoli in bottom of pyrex dish. Sit salmon on top, drizzle with mixture of soy, lemon juice, ginger, garlic and crumbled dried chilli. Put lid on and bake for half an hour. Godd with rice.... hmm....or noodles

clumsymum Wed 16-Jul-08 11:25:16

Tilly, That sounds nice, how do you cook the salmon?

Swedes Wed 16-Jul-08 11:26:10

Fruittea - I want to come to your house for dinner. You are clearly a very good cook. smile

fruittea Wed 16-Jul-08 11:26:45

why thank you wink

ComeOVeneer Wed 16-Jul-08 11:26:59

Make a crust with fresh herbs, breadcumbs, grated parmesean and olive oil. Press firmly onto the fillets and bake in oven until golden. Serve with potato wedges and salad.

fruittea Wed 16-Jul-08 11:28:01

Think I've seen crusted salmon done with couscous too?

nailpolish Wed 16-Jul-08 11:29:57

salmon fishcakes

TrinityRhino Wed 16-Jul-08 11:30:06

just salmon baked on own with new pots and brocolli is about one if the tastiest things ever

ComeOVeneer Wed 16-Jul-08 11:30:09

Yes couscous is another good idea.

Or just poach them and have them cold with tzatziki, vinegared cucumber slices, newpotato salad with chives and tomato/onion salad and fresh baked rolls.

TillyScoutsmum Wed 16-Jul-08 13:08:41

Sorry - I just wrap the salmon in the parma ham, squeeze a bit of lemon and s&p on them and stick them on a baking tray with a drizzle of oil for about 10-15 mins. You can then do the other bits whilst its in the oven

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now