Talk

Advanced search

tesco value pizza

(15 Posts)
stitch Tue 15-Jul-08 19:17:17

doing a big party on the weekend and a bit horrified by the tesco bill.
anyone eaten the value pizzza? whats it like? please tell me it isnt cardboard so i can save some pennies.

SqueakyPop Tue 15-Jul-08 19:18:18

Life is too short.

Can you make your own pizza - it's not hard.

stitch Tue 15-Jul-08 19:23:45

i am making lots and lots of other food. pizza was meant to be just in case the kids didnt like the 'proper' food. all indian stuff.
oven doesnt work, so i would have to make in convection microwave, which is already going to be in use for dessert.

candyfluff Tue 15-Jul-08 19:48:18

tesco value pizza is lovley my kids choose that one over more expensive brands

Toothyboy Tue 15-Jul-08 19:49:58

They're fine - I buy the cheese and tomato, then just add extra toppings.

stitch Tue 15-Jul-08 19:50:56

thank you .
tbh, i love the price, and if the kids prefer it, even better

morningpaper Tue 15-Jul-08 19:55:31

If I buy value pizzas then I :
- defrost first
- bung on basil leaves from garden
- drizzle with olive oil before putting in the oven

yomellamoHelly Tue 15-Jul-08 20:05:33

I actually don't like the tescos value pizza. I think it's quite greasy and doesn't taste of much. Other supermarkets cheapie brands are better. My ds2'll eat it no problems though.

windygalestoday Tue 15-Jul-08 20:09:52

Why dont you just do hot dogs?? they are cheap and cheerful and kids love em grin

schneebly Tue 15-Jul-08 20:12:02

chiller one tastes funny but frozen one is fine and all 'real' ingredients!

chloemegjess Tue 15-Jul-08 20:12:46

I think the value pizzas are the best I have found for eating cold and always use them for this sort of thing.

muggglewump Tue 15-Jul-08 20:15:07

I use them as bases rather than just as they are as I find them a bit tasteless plain

sumomum Tue 15-Jul-08 20:20:51

Lidl frozen pizza's are far better than tesco value IMO

stitch Tue 15-Jul-08 21:21:31

thank you so much for you r ideas. particularly the olive oil one, dress it up a bit.

i am already doin ghotdogs. but we have a vegetarian child, and its a bit of an ott asian party anyways. so pizza is really just an extra. whichi s why i want to spend as little as possibly get away with. smile

How cheap are the value ones? You can get good ones at Iceland for 70p or for the extra large one, £1.20.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now