Talk

Advanced search

Dip recipe required

(5 Posts)
pop1973 Tue 15-Jul-08 16:19:41

I often purchase the little pots of dip i.e. onion and garlic and cheese and chive dips to dip wedges and pizza into.

However, I would like some ideas of how to make my own dips does anyone have a recipe that they can let me have ??

Thanks

witchandchips Tue 15-Jul-08 16:27:12

start with a base (mayonaise or cream cheese thinned with youghurt) and then add various flavourings to it

pop1973 Wed 16-Jul-08 19:10:37

How much mayo to use ?
How much onion and garlic do you use ?

witchandchips Thu 17-Jul-08 10:24:53

A good tablespoon of base will give you the same quantities as the pots you buy from the shops.

things like how much flavouring is really to taste but half a clove of garlic (after removing the green bit inside) + a heaped teaspoon of finely choppped onion is probably a good place to start. - you can add more or less in the next batch. Also don't forget that things like onion and garlic become stronger over time so if you make a dip in the morning and serve it just before lunch it will taste much stronger than if you eat it straight away

TigerFeet Thu 17-Jul-08 10:27:08

The dips are generally a mix of soured cream and mayonnaise - roughly 50/50 of each. Chuck in whatever else you like to taste.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now