Talk

Advanced search

Quick chicken marinade that doesn't need hours - help please

(4 Posts)
Wags Mon 14-Jul-08 17:01:27

Can anyone help. On holiday in France, all day by the pool in the sun grin. Gordon Ramsey burgers and beetroot relish in the fridge. First Kir Royale of the day in hand but wanted something I can slosh on the chicken before we bbq it. Have olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic, some spices, worscester (can never spell that) sauce, soy sauce er ... garlic. Anyone think of something I could do. Would be very grateful and would of course have an extra drink for you!

Wags Mon 14-Jul-08 17:11:24

Anyone....? On second drink, soon won't be able to marinade anything except myself grin

I would crush garlic (seveeral cloves), lug in quite a bit of olive oil, add a splash or 3 of Lee & Perrins (aka Worcester sauce), salt & pepper, probably a splash or two of soy - about a splash (tblsp) of red wine vinegar - then you need some sugar to balance out sweet & sour - preferable have 1 tbsp of dark brown sugar (white is not the end of the world). Once all mixed dunk your chicken in - needs 30 mins or so min. Drain the chicken to BBQ - but keep marinade so you can baste it over as it cooks - sounds good to me already!!!

Mines a local dry white or rose - very envy no French holiday for us this year sad

Wags Mon 14-Jul-08 17:18:31

Great, thanks for that will give it a whirl. Nice Rose in the fridge as we speak to will toast you Nigella later on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now