Talk

Advanced search

White chocolate brownies

(14 Posts)
cornflakegirl Mon 14-Jul-08 16:07:35

I regularly make Suzy Wong's chocolate brownies - yesterday I tried making them with white chocolate instead, because DH is a fan. They were so disappointing - they tasted okay, but nothing like the incredible yumminess of the original.

Does anyone have a really good white chocolate brownie recipe?

suzywong Mon 14-Jul-08 16:08:32

don't mess with it, cornflakegirl

cornflakegirl Mon 14-Jul-08 16:52:07

hehehe, don't worry, I've learned my lesson!

DontNeedAnything Mon 14-Jul-08 16:52:48

I think they are called Blondies if you want to google.

cornflakegirl Mon 14-Jul-08 16:55:08

(We've got a family gathering at the weekend - about 20 of us - my mum's making a batch of brownies, and she's asked me to make a batch. I'm going to make at least two batches. There's no way 32 brownies is doing 20 of us for a weekend. My DH will eat 3 bits in one sitting!)

cornflakegirl Mon 14-Jul-08 17:00:03

DNA - I thought that, and googled blondies - and got recipes for some weird chocolate-free concoction. Assumed I'd misunderstood...

Thing is, I don't really want to just google, because there are so many average brownie recipes. And I don't see the point. If there's no such thing as great* white chocolate brownies, then I'll just make SW's, and DH can have a bit of white chocolate on the side!

* great, for those who like white chocolate, obviously. Even though it is, in fact, minging and not worthy of the name.

DontNeedAnything Mon 14-Jul-08 17:08:00

I think (correct me if I am wrong oh Brownie Guru wink) Suzies recipe is based on a Nigella recipe.

In which case i would probably give this recipe a go

cornflakegirl Tue 15-Jul-08 12:49:20

thanks DNA, will take a look.

ib Tue 15-Jul-08 12:54:03

I do regular brownies with white chocolate chips instead of nuts, if that's an option?

micku5 Tue 15-Jul-08 13:37:10

If your DH like white chocolate you could try the white chocolate cheesecake recipe from dizzydixies

ingredients

225g/8oz Hobnobs
100g/4oz butter, melted

300g/10oz white chocolate, chopped
200g soft cheese (philly full fat) room temp
25g/1oz caster sugar
500ml double cream

line 23cm round loose base or springform cake time

make biscuits into crumbs and mix with melted butter
spoon and press into base of tin and chill in fridge while making the filling

melt chocolate in bowl over simmering water and leave to cool until tepid

beat soft cheese and sugar together until smooth and then stir in cooled chocolate

whip cream into very soft peaks and gently fold into chocolate mix

spoon into tin, smooth over top and pop in fridge for at least 2-3 hrs but at least overnight

take out of fridge 15-30 minutes before serving

cornflakegirl Tue 15-Jul-08 14:28:14

ib - that was going to be my fallback option. I really like the chocolate chunks in SW's recipe, but the white chocolate seems to melt much more easily, so the chunks weren't very. I was thinking that chips are probably less melty?

micku5 - cheesecake is DH's very favourite food in the whole world - I'll definitely make that - thanks!

ib Tue 15-Jul-08 17:28:43

I use chunks but instead of mixing them in normally I press them in on top. That way they don't touch the base and seem to work better.

cornflakegirl Tue 15-Jul-08 23:16:39

Cool - thanks for the tip!

OverMyDeadBody Tue 15-Jul-08 23:17:56

<drool>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now