Talk

Advanced search

Need your help - Party food for kids and adults please :o)

(7 Posts)
TheRealMrsOsborne Sun 13-Jul-08 18:43:46

We're having a small party for my DS2 who is one next week. We have invited the children in the family and their parents, kids ages ranging from 3mths to 10yrs old.

What food should i make that will be suitable for the kids and their parents. The party is just accross the road from our house and is in the church hall. I'm hoping to do as much as i can the day before if possible.

Any ideas?

watsthestory Sun 13-Jul-08 18:46:24

Message withdrawn

janeite Sun 13-Jul-08 19:01:22

How many people? How many of these are children?

I'd do a big cheese board, including some mild stuff for the children, with French bread, soft rolls, grapes, crackers, olives, pickles.

Bowl of homemade coleslaw.

Cous cous salad.

Green salad.

Little sausages (do millions, you'll think you're doing them for the children but then all the adults will eat them).

Some sliced meats maybe.

Homemade hoummus, pitta bread, bread sticks etc. Crisps.

Couple of trifles. Fairy cakes. Cornflake cakes.

TheRealMrsOsborne Sun 13-Jul-08 22:41:23

Thankyou ladies - it will be about 10/15 children and maybe 20 adults smile

elmoandella Sun 13-Jul-08 22:49:40

i did an on line shop of the sandwich stuff at tesco and also on waitrose food ordering. i found waitrose to be only £8 more expensive than tesco and that included delivery

just a thought.
i'm having one y o party on 27th also

FossilSister Sun 13-Jul-08 22:54:06

Green salad

Potato salad

Coleslaw

meat plate

cheese plate

quiche / pizza

french bread and butter

Buy dessets from Waitrose / M and S - chocolate tart, cheesecake etc Stuff that can slice.

Grapes and strawberries

TheRealMrsOsborne Sun 13-Jul-08 23:03:42

All your suggestions sound easy enough for me to manage - thankyou.
I always make too much food though but i suppose we can live on that sort of food for the rest of the week grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now