Talk

Advanced search

Fussy Eater

(5 Posts)
kazza3 Thu 03-Feb-05 13:32:29

My little bundle of joy is very fussy and will only eat sweet foods eg fruit, porridge and weetabix and currys but no plainer. So for a typical meal she will have potato and meat and veg as long as it is covered with masala curry sauce. Our local restaurant has made up a sauce without milk in it so it lasts longer in the fridge. Yaneena is 11 months old but was born 2 months early and is small for her age. Otherwise she is healthy and very loud!!!!!! Anyone got tips about how o make her eat plainer foods ????

Tommy Thu 03-Feb-05 13:44:32

What's the problem?! Can you make her up some baby type curries and poop them in your freezer - I used to do it for my DS

kazza3 Thu 03-Feb-05 13:55:36

I just feel that she cant spend the rest of her life eating curries as it would mean I will be cooking one meal for her and another for the rest of my family (two other children and hubby who all dont like spicey food too much). Also I feel that I am letting Y get away with making a demand on what she eats. Also if we go to other places to eat she cant then have her own way!! Also I am not that great a cook and can only cook typical English meals (meat, tats and veg) as that is what I ate when I was younger

Tommy Thu 03-Feb-05 14:13:46

How about weaning her off them - make a batch of not so spicey dinners, then a batch a bit less spicey etc until you get the required taste!

californiagirl Thu 03-Feb-05 18:35:11

Find sauce you can just pour over the top of whatever everybody else is eating? Slowly increase the spice in everybody else's food and reduce the spice in hers until they meet in the middle?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now