Talk

Advanced search

Slow Cooker Novice, please help!

(4 Posts)
ChocolateGirl Wed 02-Feb-05 16:51:47

Hi, I have a Slow Cooker which I got second hand years ago. It's only got the one heat setting. How can I work out if that is high or low? Thank you in advance.

munnzieb Wed 02-Feb-05 17:15:37

do u know the model of the cooker? if so u could look it up on the internet

ChocolateGirl Thu 03-Feb-05 15:02:34

munnzieb, I've had a look and can't find a website for Cordon Bleu (that's the make). I've found a few "best price" sites and seen other Cordon Bleu products listed - but not my slow cooker. I've had it since 1998, and it was second-hand then, so it could be quite old! Any ideas?

scotlou Thu 03-Feb-05 15:34:22

I don't know that I'd worry too much as they are all different anyway. With my last one I cooked everything on the "high" setting and a pot of stew would take about 6 hours. With the new one I use the medium setting and it takes around the same time. Why don't you just bung some stuff in it and see how long it takes to cook? You could have a taste after 4 hours and that would give you some idea of how quick it cooks.
I got a new slow cooker cookbook yesterday and can't wait to try some new stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now