Talk

Advanced search

potato and leek soup, slow cooker again!

(4 Posts)
MistressMary Wed 02-Feb-05 14:49:07

Here I go again, need a simple recipe for this soup please.
Not much luck on the recipes I have looked at, so far.

starlover Wed 02-Feb-05 17:49:49

does it have to be done in a slow cooker?
I worked in a restaurant and we just used to boil up potatoes and leeks in some stock with some black pepper and then blend it all up together.

I am sure you could do it in a slow cooker if you wanted to, but it'd take a few hours (obviously!)...

You can also add some herbs, garlic etc if you want more flavour. If you like it a bit creamier then just add some double cream as you blend

Would try quantities along the lines of around 6 each of potatoes and leeks, and maybe a pint and a half of stock.

ChocolateGirl Thu 03-Feb-05 15:07:36

Mistress Mary, I found this: http://www.positivevision.co.uk/LEEKANDPOTATOESOUP.html. Hope the link works, I've never tried posting a link before. I've not made the recipe either - but I have taken my slow cooker off the shelf (having used it only twice in 7 years!) and am trying to find out whether it's a high or low setting one (it's only got the one setting) in the hope of using it lots more soon.
hth

MistressMary Thu 03-Feb-05 19:25:46

Here hopefully

Thanks for that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now