Talk

Advanced search

Mexican food recipes?

(4 Posts)
Juliehafrancis Wed 02-Feb-05 13:26:56

Hi All...

I'm in the middle of organising a mexican food night for some friends and wondered if anyone had any idea's about what I could serve?
My idea's so far: Nacho's with melted cheese
Fajita's with chicken and vegetable for the vegetarians
Enchilades
Salsa, Guacomole and Sour Cream

Would love a pudding idea and any idea for decorations etc

TIA,

Jules x

MissUnderstood2 Wed 02-Feb-05 13:34:18

Hi! I'm new here looking forward to making new friends. How about a 'pinata'? or try 'googling mexican party. Good luck!!

Juliehafrancis Wed 02-Feb-05 13:41:16

Welcome....Thanx for the idea's!
Hope you enjoy your times on Mumsnet.

Jules x

alux Wed 02-Feb-05 21:02:40

a caramel flan is very 'mexican' dessert, believe it or not. Add allspice seeds to a thin sugary syrup to pour over the flan. (I think I want some now)

As another dip (salsa), get a tin of refried beans. thin it out with water to make it into a dip. Add some thyme, onion powder (not onion salt as it is already got salt) and simmer a little while to let the flavours develop. After cooking, add some hot sauce and torn / chopped coriander leaves.

If vegetarian is an issue, read the label as I think some brands still use LARD. If you can't find any w/out lard, buy a tin of kidney beans rinse and refill with water, boil away for 30 mins to soften up some more and and drain most the water then blend to make a runny paste. Add all the above ingredients plus salt.

These beans in a thicker paste can be another filling for the vegetarian fajitas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now