Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any good soup recipes?

(6 Posts)
jambot Tue 01-Feb-05 21:16:20

Want to make up some batches of soup to freeze before having my baby. Any good recipes for healthy, veggie type soups. Needn't be vegetarian.

AtHomeMum Tue 01-Feb-05 21:57:31

Recommend wi soup book - has loads of really nice ones.
Made lovely celeriac one over weekend, also like parsnip; & spinach (but not beetroot - you have to be a real beetroot fan)

Juliehafrancis Tue 01-Feb-05 22:12:01

I have a yummy leek and potato soup recipe that I could post if you would like?

Also there a few idea's here

Hope this helps,

Jules x

jambot Wed 02-Feb-05 05:33:25

The leek and potato sounds nice, thanks

Tommy Wed 02-Feb-05 08:44:01

do an archive search on soup and there's lots of lovely recipes already here on Mumsnet.
Also, you can but "broth mix" or soemthing like that in Tesco (or I got mine at Julian Graves) which is lentils and peas etc and you just chick a handful in to any soup to make it a bit more wholesome - very good for breastfeeding Mums!

Juliehafrancis Wed 02-Feb-05 13:09:43

Leek & Potato Soup Recipe - Serves 4

Ingredients:

3 Large Leeks
3 Large Potatoes
Butter
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
Milk and/or Cream

Chop up leeks (using as much green as possible) and saute gently in a small lump of butter. Cook until soft.
Wash, Peel and slice two potatoes and add to cooked leeks with 1 - 1 1/2 pints of vegetable stock. Simmer until the potatoes are cooked. When cooked, take off the heat and majimix or sieve to make a puree. Return all to saucepan and add seasoning and add 1 - 2 pints of combined milk and cream.

Yummm!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now