Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recipe for doh that you put in the oven

(6 Posts)
woodpops Tue 01-Feb-05 16:41:12

Has anyone got a recipe for the playdoh type stuff that you mould then cook in the oven to harden it. It can then be painted and varnished.

alicatsg Tue 01-Feb-05 16:56:51

I read this as recipe for dh that you put in oven... which, naturally, I DO have a recipe for.

woodpops Wed 02-Feb-05 11:29:56

????? anyone.

popsycal Wed 02-Feb-05 11:31:37

salt dough is what you want...

popsycal Wed 02-Feb-05 11:32:47

copied and poasted this from another thread:

225g(8oz/2 cups) plain flour
100g ( 4oz/ 1/2 cup ) salt
2 teaspoons cooking oil

Mix flour and salt together then add oil and 100ml(4fl oz 1/2 cup ) of water. Stir the water and oil in to the mixture. Start to bind ingredients together to form a dough with your hands. Add more water with your fingertips until you have the right consistency. It should be firm enough not to stick to your hands but not so dry that it is crumbly. kneed the dough on a flat surface for at least 10 mins.Until it is smooth, pliable and slightly warm. Slightly flour your surface if you like. Then it's ready to shape.
When you have finished doing say a heart the best thing to use for a hanging hook is hair pins , shove it in the top as far down as you think. I've succesfully used paper clips too as hooks. Then bake in the oven , times differ with the size of things. for a heart you should bake about 140degrees (290 degrees f gas 1 1/2) for about an hour. When cool you can paint with poster paints or water colours are best as they come out stronger. Then when dry you must varnish it in ordinary oil based polyurethane varnish from a diy store. Don't use water based as it will smudge the paint. And that is it. Kids do love doing them too.

hth

woodpops Wed 02-Feb-05 11:40:08

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now