Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

School Sandwiches

(15 Posts)
SPARKLER1 Mon 31-Jan-05 22:21:32

So watcha putting in the kids sandwiches tomorrow? My dds have the same old stuff marmite, jam or chicken and ham sandwich paste. Could do with pinching some ideas.

Gobbledigook Mon 31-Jan-05 22:22:35

Oooh, sparkler, there was a thread on this the other day and it had a good link in it to a Foods Standard Agency website I think which had 'a month of packed lunches' in it - I got some ideas from there as mine are even worse - jam or marmalade!!!

trefusis Mon 31-Jan-05 22:23:16

Message withdrawn

misdee Mon 31-Jan-05 22:24:10

an old old lodger of ours used to have avacardo and chicken sandwiches.

SPARKLER1 Mon 31-Jan-05 22:24:38

oooops sorry didn't realise you'd done this already.

kid Mon 31-Jan-05 22:24:40

My DD begs for tuna and mayo everyday! She is in luck tomorrow as I have just made it for her lunch.

JanH Mon 31-Jan-05 22:25:26

You have to give them what they'll eat though, don't you - no point giving them something new and exciting if it makes them go yeuch and leave it!

DS2 has either peanut butter on white or jam on wholemeal. Every day. Sigh. (Plus a frozen frube, an apple and some random drink.)

JanH Mon 31-Jan-05 22:27:09

Here you go, Sparkler (please don't apologise! You can't read everything!)

Merlot Mon 31-Jan-05 22:27:43

My ds1 loves those flour tortilla wraps - you can put more or less anything in them

Gobbledigook Mon 31-Jan-05 22:28:55

Oooh JanH - you just beat me to it!

No, no need to apologise, I just meant I found the link really helpful but I didn't know what the website was so I had to go and search for the old thread!

I'm not one for getting stressed about threads being done more than once!!

Specially not kids food ones as mine are so poor at eating I need all the advice I can get!

SPARKLER1 Mon 31-Jan-05 22:29:26

Thanks JanH. I've got the hang of the "bits and pieces" to go in the lunchbox. It's the sandwich fillings I'm more interested in.

Gobbledigook Mon 31-Jan-05 22:30:42

Oh JanH - I don't feel so bad now!

Mine get jam or marmalade on wholemeal bread (so I don't feel quite so bad!)

Yoghurt

Breakaway or banana

Soooo boring! Today did ds1 a currant bun for a change but..yep, you guessed it, he left it! You are right about make them what they'll eat!

bonkerz Mon 31-Jan-05 22:33:43

I give my ds Crackers and cheese, sausage rolls, Cheese Dipper or small pasta salad instead of sandwiches! (he does have sarnie occassionally) Then he will have a yoghurt, Piece of fruit, Rice cake, Cheese of some sort and a Choclate biscuit and some chedders or crisps! AND he eats it all!

SPARKLER1 Mon 31-Jan-05 22:34:49

Thanks bonkerz. I forgot about crackers. I have given them to dd before a while ago though - will start again.

jodee Mon 31-Jan-05 23:21:47

What's wrong with marmite boulder rolls every day?! He's happy to eat it, I'm just glad he's eating something !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now