Talk

Advanced search

Breakfast ideas for 14 month old

(15 Posts)
Millie1 Mon 31-Jan-05 21:37:49

HELP!! DS2 won't eat ... Weetabix, Readybrek or toast. Or scrambled eggs for that matter. And will hardly touch fruit - one bite of banana and it lands on the floor. I think it's partly an independent stage as it's almost as if he zips his lips closed when he sees a spoon. So what on earth can I give him for breakfast? Things like bitesize Shreddies are out cos they may contain nut traces and DS1 has nut allergy so need to make sure DS2 steers well clear of nutty things. Oh - and can't make it too interesting as DS1 eats a good b'fast of Readybrek & banana and I want to keep him on that.

Soooo ... any ideas please?

Dior Mon 31-Jan-05 21:38:38

Message withdrawn

milliways Mon 31-Jan-05 21:40:35

Mine likes crumpets with Marmite

vict17 Mon 31-Jan-05 21:41:03

trysomeofthese!

lockets Mon 31-Jan-05 21:43:23

Message withdrawn

lockets Mon 31-Jan-05 21:44:33

Message withdrawn

milge Mon 31-Jan-05 21:46:24

I bribe my dt's to eat readybrek by adding maple syrup and sultanas - would lots of sugary stuff do any good?( add is sneakily so ds can't see it). I gave mine Sainsburys Apricot Wheats ( small fist sized wheat cereals filled with dried apricots. Oh, and they eat dry bran flakes with their fingers too.

KBear Mon 31-Jan-05 21:47:51

Mine love pancakes with raisins in (with a swirl of maple syrup) - weekend treat. Maybe with chopped banana.

When my youngest doesn't eat his dinner but my eldest does, I always tell her secretly that she is a fantastic eater and she will grow up healthy and intelligent and DS won't if all he eats is toast. Just to boast her ego and keep her on side!

vict17 Mon 31-Jan-05 21:52:04

have you tried mashed banana with milk in microwave for 30 seconds and then weetabix in it? Ds loves that, but not when he's teething!

Millie1 Tue 01-Feb-05 07:57:11

Thanks everyone, some great ideas here and will give them a go ... now, off to do the breakfast battle - readybrek with mashed banana this morning!

Kayleigh Tue 01-Feb-05 08:17:02

Crumpets or mini pittas make a change from toast.

Prufrock Tue 01-Feb-05 16:41:17

Porridge. If you whizz oats in a blender before cooking you can just ad milk an microwave on low power for 2 1/2 minutes. Add banana or cube of frozen fruit puree

tarantula Tue 01-Feb-05 16:57:16

eggy bread is a good one in our house. As is porridge (I whizz it up after cooking tho to make it smooth) Oaty pancakes are a weekend treat, like scotch pancakes but with oats in and are nice and easy to eat with hands. Yogurt is also a good one if hes not a hungry child in the morning (DD isnt she doesnt have breakfast till at least an hour after getting up refuses to eat before then takes after me)

Gem13 Tue 01-Feb-05 16:59:06

Hot cross buns go down well here as do croissants and pain au chocolat at weekends.

Millie1 Tue 01-Feb-05 22:11:43

Thanks for all the ideas ... he had about 4 spoons of his Readybrek & banana this morning ... going to try some of the other ideas over the next few days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now