Talk

Advanced search

M&S kids' food - any good?

(13 Posts)
franch Mon 31-Jan-05 20:50:26

I'm suffering severe all-day morning sickness at the mo and just thinking about meals for DD (12mo) makes me vomit. Mum's doing a quick shop at M&S for me tomorrow and I was wondering whether to ask her to look at their kids' meals for me. What are they like? What do they have in them? Are there any vegetarian ones?

Wouldn't normally give DD anything ready-made and am very anti 'kids food' but desperate times and all that!

Amanda3266 Mon 31-Jan-05 20:56:53

Hi

I sometimes get them for my DS on his nursery days. I find them useful for the days when I haven't been organised enough to make anything for him to take. They seem quite good and advise things like adding a portion of vegetables to them (Hah! My DS is not interested unless they're peas).

They are usually something with a tomato based sauce which hides all manner of vegetables and are mostly vegetarian I think (so it seems from our local M&S). DS has ravioli stuffed with mushrooms in a tomato and veggie sauce tomorrow.

Mandy

vict17 Mon 31-Jan-05 20:58:29

ooh I didn't know M&S do them so I igth check them out. Are they just with the other ready meals? I guess they are healthily than jars if they are frozen?

dramaqueen72 Mon 31-Jan-05 20:59:57

well i think if youre going to get any kids ready meal and youre anti them normally, the M&S ones are pretty good...no scary lists of additives etc etc. they do quite a few meat ones in our M&S, but they do some veggies ones too. sometimes the choice is abit limited, not very well stocked, but if they have them all in its quite a nice selection. waitrose also have good ones sometimes. no e-numbers/crappy stuff either.
hope you feel better soon

Amanda3266 Mon 31-Jan-05 21:00:15

They're in the fresh meals section and in our M&S they have their own shelf. They seem pretty good and the nursery report that he eats all of the meal.

franch Mon 31-Jan-05 21:01:55

V helpful answers, many thanks - I'll get Mum onto it and will refuse to feel guilty

milge Mon 31-Jan-05 21:03:07

Hi franch, i used to use them a lot when my dt's were about 12-18m. Not being veggie, i gave them the shepherds pie/chicken and veg pie( my two won't eat pasta so can't recommend any other flavours) They seem quite ok as far as ready meals go and always went down a treat with my two. Sometimes they have them on 4 for 3, and they freeze nicely.

Hulababy Mon 31-Jan-05 21:04:03

I have used these for DD and she appears to like them. As a quickie, once every so often meal I think they are fine, and better than most offerings around.

franch Mon 31-Jan-05 21:10:14

Fab. Thanks all. We're not veggie, btw, it's just that I still have some home-made meat- and fish-based dishes in the freezer but have run out of any interesting veg dishes for DD. She used to be happy with one of those microwaveable bags of fresh veg that you can buy, maybe with a bit of cheese on top, but has chosen this moment to go all sophisticated on me

woodpops Tue 01-Feb-05 08:41:45

DD(2) loves the M&S kiddies chicken curry with rice. I always give her a mini nann bread with it and she thinks it's great. Ds isn't so keen, but then he can be a fussy sod when it comes to food!!!!

myermay Tue 01-Feb-05 08:56:08

Message withdrawn

Tissy Tue 01-Feb-05 08:59:32

dd's favourite is the ravioli- she will happily eat a whole packet of it, when for most other things she's a "picker".

Blackduck Tue 01-Feb-05 09:03:01

How about fresh stuffed pasta (my ds loves this...) - just buy the normal adult one...M&S do a range (four cheeses or spinach and something...) - ds will eat this with a bit of butter and some parmesan - so really quick and easy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now