Talk

Advanced search

Tarte au citron, anyone?

(14 Posts)
Sheila Mon 31-Jan-05 13:16:04

Anyone got a recipe for this? Have some posh foodies coming for lunch on Sunday and need a sophisticated pud to impress...

treacletart Mon 31-Jan-05 15:02:10

1. mix *175g plain flour* with *125g melted butter* , *40g icing sugar* and *1 tablespoon cold water*. Press the soft dough into the base and up the sides of a 20cm fluted flan ring.

2. Pierce the base several times and bake blind on a baking tray in a preheated oven (190c,375f, Gas5) for 20 mins until golden.

3. Reduce the oven to 150c, 300f or Gas2

4. Place *125g castor sugar*, *3 eggs*, *150ml double cream* and *grated rind and juice of 2 lemons* in a bowl. Whisk together until blended, then cartefully pour into the cooked pastry case. Return to theoven and cook for a further 35-40 mins until set.

5. Arrange *lemon slices* on top, sprinkle generously with *icing sugar* and place under a preheated grillfor 2-3 mins until golden. Sprinle with *more grated lemon rind*

Yum Yum Yum - nice with some berries on the side
Minimum effort maximum impact stuff...

treacletart Mon 31-Jan-05 15:02:54

don't know why my nice bolding didnt work?? oh well..

nailpolish Mon 31-Jan-05 15:08:40

teacletart, you have to asterisk each individual word

great recipe!

have a nice lunch sheila!

Sheila Tue 01-Feb-05 12:40:55

Ooh thanks treacletart (maybe you should consider revising your nickname?!).

Will have a go and report back - how long will it kep for, do you think (i.e. can I make it the day before)?

Sheila Tue 01-Feb-05 12:43:52

Oh - and what would be nice to serve with it? Double cream, creme fraiche or (my personal fave) vanilla ice cream?

treacletart Tue 01-Feb-05 13:40:19

Glad to be of service Sheila! You can absolutely make it the day before. I like it with double cream and raspberries - be wary its very rich - enjoy!

treacletart Tue 01-Feb-05 13:42:06

Forgot to say, I'd make it earlier but do the grilling bit just before you serve it - its nice to have it warm

Sheila Fri 11-Feb-05 12:42:35

Hi treacle tart - lemon trat was abig succes but can I ask some follow-up questions, oh wise one?

I found the pastry very crumbly and difficult to roll out, so it was a bit too thick by the time I got it into the flan dish. Am I doing something wrong?

Secondly - after baking it blind should I let the pastry case cool B4 putting the filling in?

That's it!

lilibet Fri 11-Feb-05 12:47:03

oh I love tarte au citron, my very very favourite pudding

Twiglett Fri 11-Feb-05 12:48:30

best tarte au citron is

Delice du Roy from Waitrose .. the chocolate mousse version is very very yum too

Cod Fri 11-Feb-05 12:49:07

Message withdrawn

Cod Fri 11-Feb-05 12:49:47

Message withdrawn

treacletart Sun 13-Feb-05 17:14:50

Hi Sheila - Glad you liked it! - yes pastry very very soft I reckon its easier to just press it in to the tin and up the sides rather than bother rolling it properly. Not sure about letting it cool - I don't think it really matters...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: