Talk

Advanced search

Tarte au citron, anyone?

(14 Posts)
Sheila Mon 31-Jan-05 13:16:04

Anyone got a recipe for this? Have some posh foodies coming for lunch on Sunday and need a sophisticated pud to impress...

treacletart Mon 31-Jan-05 15:02:10

1. mix *175g plain flour* with *125g melted butter* , *40g icing sugar* and *1 tablespoon cold water*. Press the soft dough into the base and up the sides of a 20cm fluted flan ring.

2. Pierce the base several times and bake blind on a baking tray in a preheated oven (190c,375f, Gas5) for 20 mins until golden.

3. Reduce the oven to 150c, 300f or Gas2

4. Place *125g castor sugar*, *3 eggs*, *150ml double cream* and *grated rind and juice of 2 lemons* in a bowl. Whisk together until blended, then cartefully pour into the cooked pastry case. Return to theoven and cook for a further 35-40 mins until set.

5. Arrange *lemon slices* on top, sprinkle generously with *icing sugar* and place under a preheated grillfor 2-3 mins until golden. Sprinle with *more grated lemon rind*

Yum Yum Yum - nice with some berries on the side
Minimum effort maximum impact stuff...

treacletart Mon 31-Jan-05 15:02:54

don't know why my nice bolding didnt work?? oh well..

nailpolish Mon 31-Jan-05 15:08:40

teacletart, you have to asterisk each individual word

great recipe!

have a nice lunch sheila!

Sheila Tue 01-Feb-05 12:40:55

Ooh thanks treacletart (maybe you should consider revising your nickname?!).

Will have a go and report back - how long will it kep for, do you think (i.e. can I make it the day before)?

Sheila Tue 01-Feb-05 12:43:52

Oh - and what would be nice to serve with it? Double cream, creme fraiche or (my personal fave) vanilla ice cream?

treacletart Tue 01-Feb-05 13:40:19

Glad to be of service Sheila! You can absolutely make it the day before. I like it with double cream and raspberries - be wary its very rich - enjoy!

treacletart Tue 01-Feb-05 13:42:06

Forgot to say, I'd make it earlier but do the grilling bit just before you serve it - its nice to have it warm

Sheila Fri 11-Feb-05 12:42:35

Hi treacle tart - lemon trat was abig succes but can I ask some follow-up questions, oh wise one?

I found the pastry very crumbly and difficult to roll out, so it was a bit too thick by the time I got it into the flan dish. Am I doing something wrong?

Secondly - after baking it blind should I let the pastry case cool B4 putting the filling in?

That's it!

lilibet Fri 11-Feb-05 12:47:03

oh I love tarte au citron, my very very favourite pudding

Twiglett Fri 11-Feb-05 12:48:30

best tarte au citron is

Delice du Roy from Waitrose .. the chocolate mousse version is very very yum too

Cod Fri 11-Feb-05 12:49:07

Message withdrawn

Cod Fri 11-Feb-05 12:49:47

Message withdrawn

treacletart Sun 13-Feb-05 17:14:50

Hi Sheila - Glad you liked it! - yes pastry very very soft I reckon its easier to just press it in to the tin and up the sides rather than bother rolling it properly. Not sure about letting it cool - I don't think it really matters...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now