Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

7th mth old still won't touch solids - nada!

(10 Posts)
madgirl Sun 30-Jan-05 18:08:37

any suggestions? been trying off and on now for 2 mths. cheers.

SenoraPostrophe Sun 30-Jan-05 18:12:33

are you not even getting food in his/her mouth, or is she spitting it out?

If the former, ds used to do that. I used to make him laugh, shovel some in and wait (cruel mother that I am). eventually he realised that food is nice!

if the latter, what have you tried?

HunkerMunker Sun 30-Jan-05 18:13:27

Have you tried finger foods? She's old enough to begin feeding herself now - try her with some steamed veg.

Amanda3266 Sun 30-Jan-05 18:46:19

Hi,

I found toast very good for helping my DS realise that not everything which went in his mouth was liguid. He had hardly any teeth but it got sucked and chewed upon and he would eventually eat a quarter of it (toast finger).

Worth a try - I put butter and a scraping of marmite on it.

Socci Sun 30-Jan-05 18:49:53

Message withdrawn

morningpaper Sun 30-Jan-05 18:49:58

Mine didn't eat solids until 11 months, despite me working my way through Annabel Carmel three times a day. I think that some babies are interested later than others.

Socci Sun 30-Jan-05 18:51:27

Message withdrawn

madgirl Sun 30-Jan-05 21:23:12

thanks for replies. I have tried both SP, he spits it out AND just shuts his mouth. have also tried rusks, toast etc but doesn't make any difference to the spoon (including Annabel's sweet potato with cinnamon!). maybe i should try the finger food more with proper food, but then again why force it if he's not ready? don't get me wrong, i'm not one of those people that worries about ds not doing things at the "right" time, it's more about whether he's getting enough nutrients to grow properly. what about formula? he's getting between 27 and 32 oz a day, is that ok or not? also should i be giving him the followon stuff now, specially as he is not eating food??

vivat Mon 31-Jan-05 14:11:23

Hi Madgirl - how are things ? We're missing you at the city monthly meetups ! No advice really, but sounds like he's getting enough formula. I guess if he watches his brother eating he'll want to join in at some point.

handlemecarefully Tue 01-Feb-05 09:43:54

Madgirl,

I cut down on my 9 month old's milk intake (he was getting 32fl oz over a 24 hour period) and he started eating a little better. Basically I cut his bottles from 8 fl oz to 6 fl oz and he didn't object.

On the amount of formula your baby is getting he probably isn't all that hungry for solid foods....

Just a thought. Might be a red herring for your child, but it was the case for mine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now