Talk

Advanced search

Vegie lasagne

(8 Posts)
Tania2 Sat 29-Jan-05 11:09:25

Does anyone have any great ways of making this DH's best friend is vegie and is comming for diner tomorrow night. I have made it lots b4 but it has been years and i dont want BF to think that the only thing that i can cook is Buritos (everytime he just happens to pop in thats what we are having) not so much anymore thou. I really am a great cook......really
Thanks girls i hope that someone can help me.

suzywong Sat 29-Jan-05 11:15:27

I'd go with spinach and ricotta well flavoured with nutmeg and enriched with a couple of egg yolks layered with a chunkey tomato sauce with grated parmesan and cheddar and pine nuts on top rather than making a sauce out of vegetables

It's really easy if you use frozen chopped spinach and bind it with a roux

LIZS Sat 29-Jan-05 11:18:37

Or you could make a basic ratatouille and layer that with lasagne pasta and a white sauce - top with grated cheese.

suzywong Sat 29-Jan-05 11:20:02

yes that's a good one too
tinned ratatouille is really very good if you are in a hurry but use two tind

Tania2 Sat 29-Jan-05 11:38:48

Suzy that sounds delish to me but DH is very boring and wont eat ricotta.

tamum Sat 29-Jan-05 11:44:40

I used to make the veggie version of the meat sauce by combining tinned tomatoes and red kidney beans (mushed up a bit) with red wine and a bit of cinnamon. I know it sounds dodgy (and I am v. embarrassed to post it given how fab suzywong's sounds) but it does taste pretty good.

Casmie Sat 29-Jan-05 12:02:59

Here's my Vegetarian Lasagne recipe - to make it truly veggie swap the chicken stock for vegetable stock (obviously!)

Very popular in our house and we actually prefer it to "normal" lasagne.

suzywong Sat 29-Jan-05 22:19:43

He won't know it's ricotta, just tell him it's cheese sauce until he's licking the dish clean

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now