Talk

Advanced search

Forks !!!!!!

(3 Posts)
purplehaze Fri 28-Jan-05 21:24:40

Hi What age did your lo's start using a fork????? My ds is 12 months and he likes finger foods and is starting to dislike me feeding him. so i'm just getting a bit worried that he wont eat enough.

XXX

katielou Fri 28-Jan-05 21:31:21

My ds is also 12 months and I have the same problem. He doesn't want to eat when I feed him but can't actually get to grips with his spoon just yet. I try giving him a little in his own bowl so that we can do it together...must admit it's not really working and I worry that he is not eating enough. I would appreciate any help on this subject also....(we seem to have 4 bad days followed by 1.5 good days when I think I've cracked it then it's back to the same old story of not eating and mummy panicking)

Donbean Fri 28-Jan-05 21:45:52

What i do is give ds a fork for himself with food on but have a fork myself and while he is grappling with his fork i shove food in.
It works really well and he doesnt notice that the plate has been cleared in the mean time.
Ive done this since he was about 12 months old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now