Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Slow cooker recipe involving pork loin chops please?

(10 Posts)
MistressMary Fri 28-Jan-05 20:18:03

Crap cook needs a recipe for pork loin chops please?
This will involve the slow cooker. Thanks.

mummytummy Fri 28-Jan-05 20:52:54

try this

MrsWednesday Fri 28-Jan-05 21:54:24

You could try this one:

1 onion, chopped
2 sticks of celery, sliced
1 cooking apple, peeled, cored and chopped
800g pork, excess fat trimmed off
2 tbsp flour
300ml dry cider
salt and pepper
Bouquet garni

Heat 1 tbsp of oil and 25g butter in a frying pan and saute the onion, celery and apple for 2-3 minutes. Put in the slow cooker. In the same pan, brown the pork lightly. Mix the flour with a little cider then stir in the rest. Add this to the pork along with the salt and pepper and bouquet garni. Bring to the boil, stirring well. Transfer to slow cooker, stir and cook for 6-10 hours on low. Take out bouquet garni before serving.

I've made it before and it's very nice. Alternatively you could buy a packet of Colemans pork casserole mix, brown the pork and some veg, mix the packet mix with water, add to the pan, bring to the boil then chuck the lot in the slow cooker.

MistressMary Fri 28-Jan-05 22:26:43

Thank you people, it will be the pork casserole one from Mrs.Wednesday.
I will bookmark the link too, mummytummy!

JanH Fri 28-Jan-05 22:32:47

Mind you it is a bit of a waste to put loin chops in a casserole - I get shoulder steaks for that. Loin chops I grill and serve with Sainsburys Onion Gravy yum.

MistressMary Fri 28-Jan-05 22:38:28

Well they are out the freezer,didn't get cooked tonight, as hubby home late tonight unforeseen.
Going out tomorrow night for a meal.
Not into cooking now as baby is a problem getting to sleep.
And slow cooker is ideal for me as I am not Nigella in the kitchen.

MrsWednesday Sat 29-Jan-05 17:10:42

I've got a sweet and sour slow cooker recipe for pork loin chops if you fancy it. Haven't tried it though which is why I didn't put it down yesterday. Here you go:

4 pork chops
seasoned flour
50g butter
2 onions, finely chopped
4 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp tomato puree
4 tbsp soft brown sugar
150ml sherry

Trim fat from chops and coat with seasoned flour. Heat the butter in a pan and brown chops on both sides. Transfer to slow cooker. In the same butter saute the onions gently until transparent. Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Pour over pork in the slow cooker and cook on low for 5-8 hours.

MistressMary Mon 31-Jan-05 10:21:53

ooh cheers!
The casserole was delish BTW.

MrsWednesday Mon 31-Jan-05 20:45:29

Phew. Was very nervous about suggesting something and finding out later that you hated it!

MistressMary Mon 31-Jan-05 20:47:11

Hehe, nope if there was a,mistake to be made it would be down to my cooking skills,or lack of...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now