Talk

Advanced search

11mth ds teething, cold, poor appetite, any suggestions for teatime/supper??

(14 Posts)
alibo Thu 27-Jan-05 15:47:26

ds is getting very fussy with tea at the moment, and normally eats good portions of pasta or mashed potato at teatime. as soon as he has a cold he seems to go off eating at teatime and wakes in the night or very early am hungry. any ideas which might tempt him, and be filling enough to get him through the night without milk? has anyone given supper with bedtime milk, ie some breakfast cereal with any success??

lunavix Thu 27-Jan-05 15:49:51

pureed fruit pumped up with baby rice

fromage frais and fruit (and a lot of it!)

mashed sweet potato and peas

a really good one is oats, maybe with figs, milk, banana, yogurt, maple syrup - anything you think of although my ds loves figs and banana. Oats are slow release energy (i also puree it when hes being fussy due to teething) and that kept him full throughout the night

Titania Thu 27-Jan-05 15:51:27

ds2 is the same at the moment....founf he has cut 3 top teeth in a few days and the 4th is just blistering....hence the constant crying. He has scrambled egg and beans for tea and then i do him a bit of ready brek for supper with his milk.

alibo Thu 27-Jan-05 15:52:40

he's really gone off sweet pot, which he used to like with brocoli! unfortunatly fruit late on makes him poo in the night, but haven't tried oats at teatime...., maybe some readybrek would fill him?

Titania Thu 27-Jan-05 15:53:45

give him some readybrek and mashed banana. ds2 has this for supper now, as he doesnt eat much at tea time.

alibo Thu 27-Jan-05 15:53:49

posts crossed titania! will give the readybrek or oats atry i think

alibo Thu 27-Jan-05 15:55:32

do you give the readybrek after his bedtime milk?, if i fill him too much, he won't want his bedtime bottle.

SkiBunnyFlummy Thu 27-Jan-05 15:58:17

Mine, same age as yours alibo, lost appetite when had a cold. I just gave her a biscuit and some milk instead.

Titania Thu 27-Jan-05 15:59:40

i dont worry too much...after all there is milk in the readybrek isnt there? I give ds2 the readybrek first FWIW

SkiBunnyFlummy Thu 27-Jan-05 15:59:51

but still woke in night. I freakily quite like the middle of the night cuddles. I like being awake and knowing that most of the city is sleeping.

Titania Thu 27-Jan-05 16:08:36

want to come and see to mine in the middle of the night then??? lol.....ds2 didnt go to sleep til 3 this morning and then I was up before 6 with the other 2!!!!

alibo Thu 27-Jan-05 17:33:18

skibunnyflummy, do you want to give mine a cuddle at 4am too!!?? seriously, my ds has been teething since last september now, and still only has first two, which he's had for 5 months. the waking up at all hours, poor naps in day, lack of appetite is driving me round the bend! i once read a thread on mumsnet from spacemonkey who said that such were the stress levels in her house due to teething that she nearly knawed off her own limbs and the dog developed mange; i laughed at the time, but now i know exactly where she's coming from! , phew, feel better for letting that out! anyway ds has just managed a bit of pasta finger food and a small bowl of sweet potatoe for tea. not his usual amounts so may still offer him a bit of cereal with his milk. thanks for tips!

purplehaze Mon 31-Jan-05 18:21:25

help my ds is teething, bad cold etc has hardly eaten in 3 days. did the oats before bed??????

very very snoozie mummy
xxxx

purplehaze Mon 31-Jan-05 18:22:01

sorry meant to say did the oats before bed work?????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now