loader

Talk

Advanced search

burnt carrot disaster

(11 Posts)
irishbird Tue 25-Jan-05 22:39:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jangly Tue 25-Jan-05 22:53:03

Carrots burn very easily - its the sugar in them. I dunno - soak it overnight with strong fairy liquid solution in it? then scrub for ages.

irishbird Tue 25-Jan-05 22:55:01

HunkerMunker Tue 25-Jan-05 22:55:04

Bicarbonate of soda in the pan with a bit of water (basically shake soda bic into the wet pan and leave overnight). It's genius stuff.

milge Tue 25-Jan-05 22:55:33

A dose of biological washing powder in hot water, left to soak overnight in "caramalised" carrots should sort them out.. Can't help with your DP, as mine is like that,
A lighted match always makes a room smell better, or a scented candle left over from Xmas, if you want your kitchen smelling of Xmas rather than burning carrots.

HunkerMunker Tue 25-Jan-05 22:55:41

PS - don't ask how I know this. I am (of course) a domestic goddess who's never burnt a pan in her life.

sweetkitty Tue 25-Jan-05 22:55:48

I burned mine the first time I made them for DD as well

irishbird Tue 25-Jan-05 22:58:02

Surfermum Tue 25-Jan-05 22:58:55

I don't have any suggestions - but if it makes you feel any better, my first attempt at cooking for dd was a disaster too. I couldn't work out why my pureed carrots had white bits in. No-one told me that the blades on the blender had a cover on them. .

As for your dh - it's a bloke thing, mine thought all I do is go for coffee mornings and play with dd, but he got the message when I went on strike and did just drink coffee and play with dd.

irishbird Tue 25-Jan-05 23:02:19

HunkerMunker Tue 25-Jan-05 23:11:59

Oh no hun! No, I wasn't born knowing this stuff - but I do have a wise mummy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now