Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sushi - retaurant recommendation needed!!

(16 Posts)
froot Tue 25-Jan-05 10:00:33

message withdrawn

froot Tue 25-Jan-05 15:43:50

message withdrawn

nailpolish Tue 25-Jan-05 15:44:43

is there a yo! sushi? theres one in edinburgh and its great. i think its a chain so prob

BadHair Tue 25-Jan-05 15:49:07

Lots of yo sushi's here .

BadHair Tue 25-Jan-05 15:50:01

Meant to add that the Poland Street one is nice.

Uwila Tue 25-Jan-05 16:15:35

Wander round soho for one that looks good and reasonably priced. Never been, but I hear yo sushi is pretty good.

froot Tue 25-Jan-05 17:18:04

message withdrawn

charleypops Tue 25-Jan-05 17:26:41

it'tsu on Wardour Street is good as well as the Yos. God, I miss sushi (pg, not allowed )

ScummyMummy Tue 25-Jan-05 17:32:49

Sorry to put a cat among the pigeons but I've heard from couple of people that Yo Sushi isn't so good for sushi though it can be fun if you don't mind crowds . There are some lovely sushi places on and around Brewer Street in Soho- Ten Ten Tei is excellent and Kulu Kulu is great if you fancy somewhere with a conveyor belt. There are loads of suggestions here too.

ThomCat Tue 25-Jan-05 17:33:48

yo Sushi in poland Street, opp opening of d;Arbaly Street. There is a bar in basement called Yo Below with music, all wwaiters etc have to be able to sing and sometimes just do a number then back to the DJ, they do the odd free hand massage, and have smoke exuding ashtrays.

Yo Sushi on ground floor, can get pricy as food just comes round on belt in front of you and you take what you fancy. They charge you depending on the colour of the plates you are left with. Green plates are one price, yellow plates another etc.

charleypops Tue 25-Jan-05 18:04:01

The very best sushi restaurant as far as I know is Nobu above the Met Hotel on Old Park Lane. Crawling with celebs.

Uwila Tue 25-Jan-05 19:44:06

Bring a big chequebook if you go to sushi. Tin Tin Tei I think has really good quality sushi for the price. Not lots of ambiance, but good sushi.

Charley, you can eat sushi if you stear clear of the raw stuff... at least I do :-)

Uwila Tue 25-Jan-05 19:44:37

Must take the time to preview. The big chequebook comment is for Nobu.

charleypops Tue 25-Jan-05 19:51:20

It's the raw stuff I love unfortunately. Wish I'd not posted on thread - I'm REALLY craving some now .

ScummyMummy Tue 25-Jan-05 19:55:32

I know exactly what you mean, charliepops. Not pregnant so have sent my dh out in the hail to get us a box from Ichi Riki. (In Victoria and v good, froot, if you want to travel a bit. No conveyor belt tho) Sorry to rub it in...

charleypops Tue 25-Jan-05 20:08:10

Roll on June!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now