Talk

Advanced search

Those of you who make brad regularly in your breadmakers, how long does it take you to eat it?

(16 Posts)
ks Mon 24-Jan-05 13:47:45

Message withdrawn

Tinker Mon 24-Jan-05 13:48:41

Didn't know Brad had a problem with lasting a long time!

ks Mon 24-Jan-05 13:49:46

Message withdrawn

marthamoo Mon 24-Jan-05 13:50:33

I want the recipe for making Brad in my breadmaker - share please!

Serious answer is about 5 minutes.

FairyMum Mon 24-Jan-05 13:50:42

I don't think it goes off quicker, does it? We tend to make it for Saturday morning and we are 4 bread-eaters so it only lasts the weekend.

Raindog Mon 24-Jan-05 13:52:40

It probably doesn't last as long as some of the shop bought stuff because that has loads of other stuff in it. Ours lasts a good few days and we keep it in a sealable plastic bag. Or slice and freeze it.

ks Mon 24-Jan-05 13:59:13

Message withdrawn

beachyhead Mon 24-Jan-05 14:03:07

eaten in a day, always....

hub2dee Mon 24-Jan-05 14:28:04

From what Jennifer has said, brad doesn't ever last long enough, and the dough balls are miniscule.

Angelina has different experiences, she is jolli happy with her brad.

<sorry, couldn't resist >

SoupDragon Mon 24-Jan-05 15:48:15

Brad maker... Snort!!

Gwenick Mon 24-Jan-05 15:50:54

hmmm - well there's me, DH 4yr old DS and 14 month old DS - and a loaf of bread lasts.............one meal!!

I usualy make it to go with a home made chunky soup or similar - and we usually manage to finish it in one 'sitting' occasionaly there's enough left to give DS1 some the following day - but never more than that,

trefusis Mon 24-Jan-05 16:03:10

Message withdrawn

Ameriscot2005 Mon 24-Jan-05 16:23:58

I don't have a breadmaker now (I didn't replace the one I had in the US when we moved here), because a loaf of bread wouldn't even make it all the way round the table.

I've been tempted by the double loaf ones, but DH would have a fit

purpleturtle Mon 24-Jan-05 16:31:32

Mine's pretty much consigned to a cupboard now, as it can't keep up with demand. Go off? Not a chance

lulupop Mon 24-Jan-05 17:45:54

We are a family of 2 adult bread eaters (though I'd much prefer to be a Brad eater ) and one mini one, and I find a loaf lasts about 2 days. I never get to the end of the loaf as I do find it goes stale more quickly, but that's because it's not full of preservatives, and who wants to eat preservatives anyway?

I tear the stale bit up, whizz it in the processor, and freeze it as breadcrumbs. I can't tell you the Nigella-like glow of satisfaction that comes from knowing your fish cakes/fried chicken/whatever is coated in breadcrumbs made from bread you made yourself. Tragic, aren't I?!

hercules Mon 24-Jan-05 17:53:16

Sometimes a day, sometimes day and a half.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now