Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

calling all greek mners or those that have been to crete

(5 Posts)
Heathcliffscathy Wed 19-Jan-05 19:53:52

i'm having no luck with this question on my travel thread, so i'm trying again...

how easy will it be for me to get goats milk and goats cheese/butter etc in crete (near chania) when we go in may?

i'm thinking that because it's greece it will be no prob, am i deluding myself.

ds is allergic to cows milk (he gets eczema (sp?) when he has it) and we're going for a week...

tia

KBear Wed 19-Jan-05 20:11:05

have a look on the rough guide website - they know EVERYTHING.

GRMUM Thu 20-Jan-05 18:06:44

Sorry for the delay I wanted to go to the supermarket and check it out as its not something i would look for normally! Goats Cheese and yogurt will be no problem - easy to find. I found goats milk in cartons today - full fat and semi-skimmed as it comes from Crete I am sure you'll find it. To check outlets once you know where you are going to be contact them through the website . I think it might be worth contacting your hotel and actually asking them to get a daily supply for you-if you explain its for your toddler they will probably be only too glad to help if they can.

wilbur Thu 20-Jan-05 18:10:31

You could take the delamere long-life goats milk, just in case - it's heavy to pack, though, and stronger tasting I find than the fresh stuff.

Heathcliffscathy Thu 20-Jan-05 20:18:10

Thank you so much GRMUM and wilbur...

i've emailed the apartments we're staying at to find out!

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now