Talk

Advanced search

Jam

(11 Posts)
Linnet Mon 17-Jan-05 23:22:31

I know that you're not allowed to give babies Honey until they are over 1 year old but what about Jam? Are there any age limitations on Jam?

dd2 is 8 months old and likes buttered toast to chomp on as a finger food but would it be ok to put a tiny bit of jam on it just for a change?

mummytojames Mon 17-Jan-05 23:30:44

i gave jam to mine from about that age just remember its mainly sugar even though you can by the low sugar jar for diabetics

mummytojames Mon 17-Jan-05 23:30:47

i gave jam to mine from about that age just remember its mainly sugar even though you can by the low sugar jar for diabetics

mummytojames Mon 17-Jan-05 23:31:18

mummytojames Mon 17-Jan-05 23:31:45

mummytojames Mon 17-Jan-05 23:31:46

mummytojames Mon 17-Jan-05 23:31:47

mummytojames Mon 17-Jan-05 23:32:20

ok wonder what happen there

aloha Mon 17-Jan-05 23:43:25

Jam is absolutely fine. It's just fruit and sugar! Honey is potentially problematic as in very, very rare cases it has been contaminated with bacteria. Having said that, ds had it from about this age - bad mummy!

starlover Tue 18-Jan-05 12:48:18

unprocessed honey can contain minute amounts of botulism... has absolutely NO effect on adults and older children, but in rare cases may affect young babies.

Jam, on the other hand, is perfectly safe!

Hippymoo Tue 18-Jan-05 20:16:21

Mummytojames, what happened with the messages, go girl, but not to often eh!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: