Talk

Advanced search

Free Bounty progress pack

(7 Posts)
sweetkitty Mon 17-Jan-05 22:44:25

I got my bounty progress pack today and what a disappointment - I had sachets of 3 kind of follow on milk (sma, cow and gate and hipp) a few jars of cow and gate food (all apart from one had added sugar, some cow and gate and hipp dried food (both containing sugar).

Then the information they give you in the leaflet says avoid foods with added sugar!!!

I know they can legally advertise follow on milk but I think it's trying to push you into using it instead of breastmilk. I'm also finding it very hard to find jars of food without added sugar. (I am making my own most of the time but like the idea of jars now and again). I also bought these Danone baby fromage frais and they had added sugar as well.

Why is it so hard to have baby food without added sugar? I'm thinking of complaining to the Bounty people about the contradictions.

lockets Mon 17-Jan-05 22:52:45

Message withdrawn

Twiglett Mon 17-Jan-05 23:00:51

Most Hipp Organix don't have added sugar, neither do babylicious

Bounty makes money from people who want to sample to a new parent target market .. they really won't care (though will profess to)

mummytojames Mon 17-Jan-05 23:46:06

sweetkitty theres not much bounty can do about it as they are a organised charity they can give out what there given what i would do if you want to make changes is actualy write or email cow and gate and hip and so on so on and explain to them as a mother and quite alot of know mothers would use there jar food more often if there was foods with o added sugars in them as is advised so colud jou please tell me what you have in you no added sugar range and do the intend to bring any more out in suit

Socci Mon 17-Jan-05 23:46:22

Message withdrawn

JulieF Tue 18-Jan-05 11:27:44

mummytojames, Bounty are NOT a charity. They are a commercialorganisation who make money by selling advertising and product sample opportunities to baby related companies.

They could,if they were ethical, refuse to carry certain products but they won't I'm afraid.

sweetkitty Tue 18-Jan-05 15:48:08

thanks I was just on a rant!

I've thrown all the sugar containing food out!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: