Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would this send you into orbit??? 'Cos it has me!

(34 Posts)
Carla Sat 15-Jan-05 19:54:17

DDs had just finished their supper and were then happily munching their way through a plate of strawberries, kiwi and apple. Halfway through, having been summoned by H, they return with a full size creme egg. To**er! Or is it just me?

KateandtheGirls Sat 15-Jan-05 20:18:55

They had eaten their supper. I wouldn't consider it a big deal to be honest.

hatstand Sat 15-Jan-05 20:24:12

but they hadn't really finished - they were half way through their fruit. Yes, Carla, that would have annoyed me. And unneccessary - they would have found room for the creme egg if left to finish their fruit first, but not the other way round - well, not if they're anything like mine.

Kif Sat 15-Jan-05 20:25:51

I wouldn't mind if he'd pulled his weight making the supper and getting the healthy stuff into them - else I would think it was a bit disrespectful.

Carla Sat 15-Jan-05 20:30:02

That's exactly what I mean hs - Kate would it really not have bothered you to fill up on a load of icing sugar and chocolate rather than something that's good for them? If he wanted to give them a treat, why couldn't he have had the sense to wait. And I agree hs, they would have found room after their fruit. And I'm not even sure it's not a game of 'I can do better than mummy. Forget the fruit, have something you really like'.

KateandtheGirls Sat 15-Jan-05 20:30:35

But did he know they were eating their plates of fruit? It sounds as though he was in a different room and was unaware that they were in the middle of their fruit.

Having thought about it, maybe he should have checked what they were doing and whether they'd eaten first, but no, an isolated incident like this wouldn't have sent me into orbit.

jampots Sat 15-Jan-05 20:33:24

it wouldnt have sent me into orbit either, but then my children enjoy fruit and would have finished both off regardless. Could they not have left their eggs on the side of their plate until they finished their fruit?

Carla Sat 15-Jan-05 20:33:24

And they were enjoying the fruit. God, I'm so angry about this. Can you tell?

Carla Sat 15-Jan-05 20:35:20

jampots mine are 5 and 6 and should, I know, know better but sadly are unable to exercise that level of self-restraint yet.

jampots Sat 15-Jan-05 20:36:43

fair enough - mine are older.

Get your own back by pouring him a beer and adding water to it

KateandtheGirls Sat 15-Jan-05 20:40:18

But did he know they were eating their plates of fruit?

Carla Sat 15-Jan-05 20:45:47

Kate, he was in the room with them!. If he'd had said 'I've got a treat for you when you've finished your fruit', or even waited until they had, I'd have felt quite differently about it. But he behaved in a totally plonkish unintelligent way and the irritating thing is that he isn't unintelligent

Carla Sat 15-Jan-05 20:50:26

And he never prepares our meals, let alone theirs.

KateandtheGirls Sat 15-Jan-05 20:51:34

Sorry, the way your first post said he had "summoned" them, it sounded like he was in a different room.

I would probably have been annoyed - it wasn't very sensible of him. BUT, I wouldn't make a big deal of it. There are more important things to worry about IMO. At least they'd eaten their dinner already. Did they go back and eat their fruit after the choc? (That's what mine would have done!)

Carla Sat 15-Jan-05 20:54:15

Sorry, Kate, my fault. He 'summoned' them into the hall and gave them the eggs. And he knows I have the devil's own job getting my two to eat anything vaguely healthy

Moomina Sat 15-Jan-05 20:55:40

So he did it sneakily? I would be pissed off whatever. Creme Eggs are delicious - but are not pudding!

KateandtheGirls Sat 15-Jan-05 20:59:02

Admit it Carla, it's because you don't like them yourself, isn't it?

lowcalCOD Sat 15-Jan-05 20:59:27

are yoiu just tired carla?

Carla Sat 15-Jan-05 21:36:47

Okay, okay Kate - you've rumbled me. If it had been a tirimisu that would have been fine

jasper Sat 15-Jan-05 21:43:38

Carla I would have been very annoyed. You might expect that from a granny but not from a kid's dad!
I hate it when you try to feed them healthy stuff and your efforts are sabottaged.

I hope he bought one for you too

Angeliz Sat 15-Jan-05 21:47:29

I would have been livid!

galaxy Sat 15-Jan-05 21:49:04

I would have gone mad but dh wouldn't have dared

Angeliz Sat 15-Jan-05 21:50:19

mine either galaxy

Carla Sat 15-Jan-05 21:50:51

Yes, Moom, he did it sneakily. Why d'ya ask that, cods? Do you think I'm getting my knickers in a twist?

ThomCat Sat 15-Jan-05 21:50:54

I think the point is babes that you don't like him. I think it runs deeper than a creme egg, so with that in mind try not to get yourself worked up and just be grateful that they had eaten half the fruit . TC x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now