Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got "Jamie's Dinners" cos I'm desperate for the eggy bread receipie quick!!!

(14 Posts)
Wills Fri 14-Jan-05 19:54:45

Left my book at work!!!! Really want to try the pudding/breakfast eggy bread receipie as a surprise for my dh who is really having a tough time at the mo.

SoupDragon Fri 14-Jan-05 19:58:42

where in the book is it?

SoupDragon Fri 14-Jan-05 19:58:51

can't see it in the index!

tentunturq Fri 14-Jan-05 20:04:36

Banana and blueberry?

SoupDragon Fri 14-Jan-05 20:08:55

Must be it. Can't believe he called it french toast rather than eggy bread. And why isn't it under s*dding French Toast in the index?? cr*p index.

Wills Fri 14-Jan-05 20:11:05

Yep its the french toast - wow never expected you to be on line so fast. Thanks

Wills Fri 14-Jan-05 20:11:52

Had it in america once and they called it french toast but because my df always called it eggy bread I seem to have a mental block from calling it that.

SoupDragon Fri 14-Jan-05 20:12:37

take 2 sliceswhite bread and butter thinly on both sides. Toss fruit combo in a little honey or sugar.A little mashed banana holds it together nicely. Beat couple of eggs in a bowl with a couple of tablespoons caster sugar then dip both slices of bread in the sweet egg so it's egged on both sides. Let excess drip off then smear fruit mixture on one sliceleavng a gap round the edge. put other slice on top and press down. Fry in a little butter ina medium hot pan on both sides, pushing down so fruit is pressed into the bread. When golden and slightly crisp, dust with icing sugar and serve with dollop of creme fraich, cream or ice cream and any remaiing fruit mixture.

Wills Fri 14-Jan-05 20:13:39

Suspect the banana and blueberry is the key as tentunturq says

By the way what do you think? I've only just got it and it looks good. We have guests coming tomorrow evening and I'm doing them the Maryland Chicken Sat evening with the Spanish roast chicken for Sunday.

SoupDragon Fri 14-Jan-05 20:13:44

thing is, it's in the index under blueberry not eggy bread or french toas!! utterly rubbish

SoupDragon Fri 14-Jan-05 20:14:24

<<rant rant>>

I've only flicked through the first 1/4 of the book so far so haven't seen much of it. Looks good though.

Wills Fri 14-Jan-05 20:14:25

Oh soupy thanks - am off to be romantic!

Wills Fri 14-Jan-05 20:15:02

I'll report back after the weekend on those two receipies then.

tentunturq Fri 14-Jan-05 20:47:57

Blimey you lot are quick! i was going to post tthe recipe after picking up the kids if you'd come back and said "yes, that's the one". I come back and it's all done and dusted
I'd love to know how the Maryland chicken turns out - that;s the one I've been thinking of attempting.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: