Talk

Advanced search

japanese food - advice needed

(5 Posts)
oxocube Fri 14-Jan-05 11:23:02

Can anyone tell me what Teppan-Yaki is? All I know in Japanese food is sushi and I'm thinking of booking at a Japanese restaurant which has a special offer Teppan-Yaki menu. Many thanks in advance!

KateandtheGirls Fri 14-Jan-05 11:43:08

I was curious so I googled it.

Teppanyaki is stir-fried meat and vegetables cooked and eaten off a large, table-top grill.

oxocube Fri 14-Jan-05 11:50:19

Thanks, Kate. It looks delicious! We have some 2 for 1 vouchers and the restaurant is about 400 mts from our house so I think we'll try it tomorrow The link said 'watching the chef is an integral part of the experience' - just hope he's good looking!!

alibubbles Fri 14-Jan-05 13:45:50

OOh, oxocube, where is it 2 for 1, I adore Japanese, so does my DD.

Teppanyaki is fun, especially if you take children, ours have been going since they were about 6 years old and it is one of their favourites worldwide.

oxocube Fri 14-Jan-05 20:23:05

Holland, Alibubbles, so probably not very convenient for you! I've booked the babysitter now so am really looking forward to it. Am also looking fwd to NOT taking the children as I rarely go anywhere without them!!!! Thanks for the enthusiasm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now