Talk

Advanced search

How do I find a nutritionist and do I need one ?

(6 Posts)
Lolski Thu 13-Jan-05 10:01:04

Just wondered because I am having awful trouble getting my 13 month old Ds to eat at the moment. Every meal time is a battle (although he does eat his breakfast). He just clamps his mouth shut and turns his head away. He just seems to like toast and butter and fromage frais !!
He used to eat veggies and all sorts but he has suddenly started rejecting everything.
I am getting a bit worried that he is not getting what he needs and was thinking of taking him to one.
Any thoughts ? Has anyone been to one. Do you think that they might be able to help.

colditzmum Thu 13-Jan-05 10:07:16

He sounds very normal for his age, and as its a behavior thing I am not sure even the best nutritionist would have anything to add. have you tryed cutting up fruit into tiny pieces and letting him eat them with a fork? Or instead of toast, you could do eggy bread? As a last resort, try vitamin drops in his milk. will he eat dry cereal, or readybrek? full of vits!

colditzmum Thu 13-Jan-05 10:08:48

BTW, if he is eating toast, butter and fromage frais, it doesn't sound too worrisome. Have you got a blender? you can hide all sorts in fromage frais!

muminaspin Thu 13-Jan-05 17:02:28

my dd was the same at about 12-13 months, and refused nearly all foods that I tried to feed her, until I realised that she wanted to feed herself - so now she has mostly finger foods, but if it is in a bowl I let her feed herself with a spoon, and I also have a spoon and shovel mouthfuls in whilst she is trying to load hers!

Lolski Fri 14-Jan-05 19:19:54

Thanks for your help.
He has a big bowl of readybrek with mashed banana in for brekkie so don't feel so bad now.
I am going to try the trick of hiding allsorts in his Fromage Frais and maybe give him a go at feeding himself.......help !!!!!

colditzmum Sun 16-Jan-05 00:00:00

Ah - turn the heating up and strip him to his nappy. Or let him eat in the bath.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: