Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Fruit ice cream without icecream maker

(4 Posts)
suzywong Tue 11-Jan-05 08:39:53

does anyone care to share their recipes for wholesome icecream made with fruit but no icecream maker with me?

It's the middle of summer here and it's very hot and I would like to get some fruit and eggs and milk down the kids (smoothies too messy just at the moment). Cherries and mangoes are in season at the moment - anyone got any ideas?

I know how to beat the icecream with an electric whisk throughout the freezing process so that's no problem but can you do this for recipes that call for an icecream maker?

SoupDragon Tue 11-Jan-05 09:42:21

I think so. All the icecream maker does is do the beating for you really by stirring it as it freezes.

suzywong Tue 11-Jan-05 11:15:12

yeah that's what I thought

so any recipes anyone?

Mothernature Tue 11-Jan-05 11:25:23

Granny's Ice cream

INGREDIENTS:
4 egg whites
2/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup white sugar
vanilla

DIRECTIONS:
In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add white sugar and vanilla, continuing to beat until soft peaks form. Carefully fold in sour cream until well blended. Fold in any additional flavorings or goodies at this time.
Place the mixture into the freezer and stir every 30 minutes or so until frozen. This can be made without stirring, but the texture will be icy rather than creamy. If you have an ice cream maker, you can put the ice cream mixture in the maker, and follow the manufacturer's instructions.

Notes:

For coffee flavour: 2 teaspoons instant coffee. For rum raisin: Soak a handful of raisins in rum for a few minutes. These are just a few of my favorites. You can really go wild, adding chocolate, fruit, spices... whatever you like. It's VERY versatile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now