Talk

Advanced search

2 big meals a day , need snack ideas

(8 Posts)
melsybells Thu 06-Jan-05 19:59:25

Problem is she wont eat snacky foods , shes got so used to homemade meals. DD is 15 months and a hearty hearty eater, it doesnt show as she is still quite little, covered nicely but not chubby.Ive always made spaghetti sauces, cod provencale stylee, lamb casseroles , chicken casseroles and fish in creamy sauces. She tends to have one of those for each meal , sometimes she might have fish fingers and latkes with cucumber. She picks at sandwiches and snacky things like cheese and fruit,(most of it goes on th floor), but give her a chopped up meal and she woofs it down. Dh thinx shes lazy as the stews etc are to easy to eat and sandwiches and stuff are an effort and thinx I give her to much. Any ideas ?? (I love it when comments dh makes makes me feel inadaqaute).

MrsBigD Thu 06-Jan-05 20:11:58

melsybells - what do dh's kniw about cooking and feedin lo's anyhow?

look at it from the bright side at least dd is eating ...

I'd be so chuffed if my dd would sit down and eat a proper meal... she's a grazer

melsybells Thu 06-Jan-05 20:17:09

probem is dh is a really good cook !!! so it kinda makes him feel he is an authority !!

melsybells Thu 06-Jan-05 20:17:54

You are right though , it is nice to know she eats what we make. Shes just like us , we eat and eat !!

MrsBigD Thu 06-Jan-05 23:22:18

oh I know that one... dh and I and now ds love our food, dd doesn't. We need to loos weight (not ds though he's too little at 4 months ) and dd has to put it on. So how do you cook for that!?

KateandtheGirls Thu 06-Jan-05 23:25:32

I would continue to offer her a variety of healthy snacks, like fruit, cheese, yogurts, etc. and if she isn't interested, but is still eating great at mealtimes, I wouldn't worry about it. She sounds like a fantastic eater.

wild Thu 06-Jan-05 23:40:54

I'm ashamed to say when I saw this thread I thought the extra snack suggestions were for you! I thought Oh good someone else as greedy as I am, lets see what the menus are. But on reading its for dd I think you are doing a great job, sounds like she has a fantastic diet which she really enjoys. Makes me quite ashamed that I seem to err on the snacky side for ds and will resolve to make a stew this weekend.

HappyMumof2 Fri 07-Jan-05 13:43:17

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now