Talk

Advanced search

Dinner tonight.

(8 Posts)
woodpops Wed 05-Jan-05 09:25:49

OK dh has got salad, jacket spud mashed with butter and cream cheese and grilled and chicken. Anyone got any idaes how I can make the chicken a little more exciting from the normal marinade and grill???

TheDragon Wed 05-Jan-05 09:55:50

What sort of chicken? I slit open chicken breasts so they lay out flatter and stuff with mushrooms, garlic, bit of something like brie or roule cheese, roll it up and wrap in bacon. I tend to oven bake them for however lont it usually takes to oven bake a chicken breast!

woodpops Wed 05-Jan-05 09:58:45

Sounds lovely but it's chicken fillets so a no go. Plus dh won't eat mushrooms and the only cheese he'll eat is chedder. Thanks anyway!!!!

TheDragon Wed 05-Jan-05 10:00:45

Like the mini fillet things or the chunky breast fillets? I meant the chunky breast fillets. You can stuff them with anything.

a satay style peanut marianade? peanut butter, olive oil, garlic, paprika...?

woodpops Wed 05-Jan-05 10:13:06

The mini fillet things.

TheDragon Wed 05-Jan-05 10:16:35

I've twisted strips of bacon round mini fillets before. Other than that, you're kind of stuck with marianades. Or kind of casserolling them so they have a sauce/gravy to go with them.

TheDragon Wed 05-Jan-05 10:17:18

I find they can go a bit dry if you're not careful (and I'm not a careful cook ).

popsycal Wed 05-Jan-05 10:23:24

get some philidelphia or the cheese you have), creme fraiche and pesto
mix it up in a bowl
flatten out chicken breasts
put a dollop of mixture on chicken and sort of roll it
wrap in tin foil and roast in oven (on about 180-200) for about 25 ish minutes
yummy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now