Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help Feed the World with a Click of Your Mouse

(6 Posts)
80sMum Tue 04-Jan-05 22:43:19

I don't know if anyone has posted this before, but I came across this posted on MoneySavingExpert.com and it seemed too good not to share.
"There’s a website called TheHungerSite.com . In the centre of its front page there’s a button that says “click here to give free food”. If you click it the sponsors of the site for that particular day pay for a cup of a staple foodstuff to be donated to someone who’s starving. The reason they pay is it is effectively a cheap form of feel-good advertising. It’s that simple; there’s no catch".

JanH Wed 05-Jan-05 08:55:08

Thanks, 80smum! Have bookmarked it.

The page you go on to after clicking has links to 4 others - breast cancer (which we have had before but maybe not this one), literacy, rainforest and animal welfare - it's a bit of a faff as you have to keep clicking and paging back to get them all done but worth it!

Furball Wed 05-Jan-05 09:46:31

JanH - If you left click on the links and use ^open in new window^ it isn't such a kurfuffle.

JanH Wed 05-Jan-05 10:37:19

I don't get "open in new window", Furball - L or R click, all I get is the link. So will have to faff. But thanks anyway!

bonym Wed 05-Jan-05 19:49:29

Have bookmarked - thanks 80smum

weightwatchingwaterwitch Wed 05-Jan-05 19:57:46

Have clicked and faffed and saved to favourites.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now