Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Condensed milk - what can I do with it???

(12 Posts)
Gwenick Tue 28-Dec-04 19:42:18

Hiya all,

I've just cooked a meal which used a small amount of condensed milk (very nice btw LOL) - problem is I've still got over 1/2 tin left and am not sure what it can be used for - I don't really do 'baking' and have nothing to pour it over - any bright ideas please still got

hoxtonturkey Tue 28-Dec-04 19:45:55

banoffe pie. some recipes here . iam jealous!

Tommy Tue 28-Dec-04 19:47:04

I always have this problem when I do anything with condensed milk! Can't really help except a yummy banoffee pie or a rather nice lemon cheesecake thing I do BUT....I found something the other day in Tesco which might help for next time - condensed milk in a resealable bottle. Very handy

Gwenick Tue 28-Dec-04 19:49:16

I don't bake!!! I'll cook any meal under the sun but don't bake - and DH doesn't like Cheese cake or bannoffee pie - oh well never mind

MarsselectionboxLady Tue 28-Dec-04 19:51:27

why not make it into the toffee (a la banoffee pie) and pour it over icecream?

Gwenick Tue 28-Dec-04 19:54:53

That's a great idea - but you can only keep it 2 days after opening and we won't be shopping until thursday afternoon - and I don't like 'risking' things right up until the last time that they're suitable to eat.

I may just be really greedy (we're still in the Christmas period LOL) and just get a spoon........hmm sounds nice as I'm watching Love Actually tonight with DH

MarsselectionboxLady Tue 28-Dec-04 19:58:28

make fudge with it?

mooncrumbs Tue 28-Dec-04 20:48:18

Chop up a banana in a bowl and pour it over! I love this! YUM!!!

WideWebWitch Wed 29-Dec-04 01:16:23

Nigella's fab chocolate cake uses it!

hazlinh Wed 29-Dec-04 05:22:48

condensed milk sandwiches. yummm.. u could prolly liberally sprinkle some cadbury choc powder on top

SuzyWongMerrilyOnHigh Wed 29-Dec-04 08:38:09

Not sure about only keeping it two days after opening, there's so much sugar in that (divine) stuff it will last a couple of weeks in the fridge

I used to like to keep a can in the fridge just to dip my finger in when I had the urge... ah those were the days

Carla Wed 29-Dec-04 08:42:46

Gwenick - go and grab that spoon now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now