Talk

Advanced search

what is your baby having for xmas dinner?

(6 Posts)
aBeanInaManger Fri 24-Dec-04 19:10:03

ds is 6 1/2 months and I haven't decided if he's going to have a bit of turkey with us at 1-2pm or if I'm just going to give him his normal lunch (and have him screaming with anger at the dinner table because we're eating and he's not)

What is everyone else doing?

xmashampermunker Fri 24-Dec-04 19:15:33

DS is 8.5 months old and will be having a breastfeed before Xmas lunch and then sit in his high chair and have bit sof what we're eating as usual. He eats pieces of food (some he feeds himself, some I feed him - he bites bits off) so I'm really looking forward to seeing what he makes of Christmas lunch!

I'd be tempted to give your DS his normal lunch so he's not too hungry, then give him bits of food to play while he's in the high chair - even 6.5 month old babies can self-feed themselves things. Happy Christmas!

Frizbethereindeer Fri 24-Dec-04 19:36:34

same here, normal lunch at lunch time, then dd will be ready for a snack with the rest of us!!

GeorginaAdventCalendar Fri 24-Dec-04 19:38:51

Normal lunch for us. It's going to be a bit of a faff though as ds2 has decided he hates jars and we're at my SILs over Christmas. Have cooked up a storm today and am freezing, so will take little frozen pots up with me in a cool bag!!

He's got cauliflower cheese for one meal and braised beef with sweet potato for the other. Oh, and a dessert of strawberry, apple and peach puree which I'm hoping isn't a big mistake as it'll be his first taste of strawberry... hope he's not allergic to it

lockets Fri 24-Dec-04 19:40:19

Message withdrawn

xmashampermunker Sun 26-Dec-04 11:23:27

Update - DS had a whale of a time - his favourite was sprouts (weird baby!). He really enjoyed picking the peas up and dropping them on the floor too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now