Talk

Advanced search

popcorn

(6 Posts)
cupcakes Fri 24-Dec-04 12:26:51

I have just bought a fantstic popcorn pan with twirly handle (reduced at Sainsbury's).
I want to sweeten the popcorn but when just adding sugar it just sinks to the bottom of the bowl.
There was a recipe with the pan which was very vague but was essentially a mix of caster sugar, cinnamon and corn oil (I presume to adhere to the popcorn). However, when I tried it it just made a sticky mix which was impossible to spread/ pour / whatever over the popcorn.
Has anybody got any good techniques? We want to make a batch to watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang this afternoon.

cupcakes Fri 24-Dec-04 12:29:31

The only other thing I can think of is to put the sugar and cinnamon straight into the oil that the popcorn is cooked in. But I think that might ruin the pan..?

sallyhollyberry Fri 24-Dec-04 12:31:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cupcakes Fri 24-Dec-04 12:34:02

That's a thought...
Why would you add the salt?
(stupid question alert...)

sallyhollyberry Fri 24-Dec-04 12:40:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

miggy Tue 28-Dec-04 16:01:27

sorry too late for your film-but we love toffee popcorn. While cooking popcorn, melt about 2oz butter and 2 tablespoons golden syrup plus 1/2 tsp vinegar-boil for few minutes then tip over cooked popcorn. Makes lovely sticky popcorn.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now