Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

mulled wine - glasses or mugs?

(8 Posts)
littleweed Thu 23-Dec-04 09:42:53

does it go in glasses because it's wine, or mugs because it's warm? you'd think I 'd ahve better things to worry about........

nailpolish Thu 23-Dec-04 09:43:50

glass mugs

ChristmasCracker Thu 23-Dec-04 09:49:12

Well we had it in mugs at the frankfurt xmas market in town.

EbenyZebraScrooge Thu 23-Dec-04 09:55:25

We generally put it in mugs last night (had neighbours 'around). WE don't have that many glasses, and One of the glasses I used got very hot!

PamiNativity Thu 23-Dec-04 09:55:26

If you're doing it in glasses, put in a metal spoon as well, as this will absorb some of the heat, just in case the glasses can't tolerate hot liquids for a long time.

TwasTheNightBeforeCatbert Thu 23-Dec-04 10:34:43

latte / coffee glass mugs?

or just plain old mugs really!

CC - I went to a christmas market in Munich once! Was really beautiful, set off my that fabulous town hall building, and we drank mulled wine out of mugs which were included in the price! Absolutely fab!

ChristmasCracker Thu 23-Dec-04 10:57:04

That sounds lovely Catbert

We love going to the Frankfurt market every year but there have been rumours this year that Brum aren't going to do it again

Dp would love to go to the munich one.

Cinderellascarrieg Thu 23-Dec-04 11:51:56

Irish coffee glasses? Or you can get proper mulled wine mugs which consist of a glass insert slid into a silver 'holder' with handle.

I only know this because I'm an ex-pub landlady btw, NOT because I'd otherwise be rushing out to purchase the perfect mulled wine vessel! But I think Past Times might do them if you want to splash out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now