Talk

Advanced search

Just HOW MUCH can a 7 month old eat, ffs?!!!

(9 Posts)
GeorginaAdventCalendar Tue 21-Dec-04 13:02:11

Ds2 this lunchtime has polished off:

- a 4oz portion of pureed veg (long since given up using icecube trays)
- a whole jar of Hipp Organic Apple & Blueberry dessert
- 2 baby yoghurts
- lots of swigs of water.

AND JUST LIKE THE CATERPILLAR HE WAS STILL HUNGRY!

At least he would have kept going, but I stopped him even though he was cross. Then five minutes later he was cheerful as anything so obviously had been full.

I know I'm supposed to keep going until he turns his head away or doesn't open his mouth for more, but honestly, if I did I swear he would keep going until he exploded. As it is we have a reflux problem - do you think this might be that the signal from his tummy to his brain to say he's full is too slow or something?! Should I just keep going no matter how sicky he gets later or how much he eats me out of house and home?!

DissLocated Tue 21-Dec-04 13:09:14

Dd will only eat half a jar of Stage 2 Hipp Organic food plus one yoghurt, but then she is on the 9th centile!

yulettsdaughter Tue 21-Dec-04 13:14:05

I think dot's ds (on the April thread) has always eaten lots, if that helps...

Tommy Tue 21-Dec-04 13:52:46

Sounds like my DS2. He's 16m now and I swear he eats twice what his nearly 3y old brother does and he's smaller than he was at the same age by a long way. Have you tried 3 proper meals and 3 healthy snacks in between times? So he doesn't have too much at one sitting? I think DS2 would eat all day if I let him.....

bundleofyulelogs Tue 21-Dec-04 13:55:50

impressive. dd2 (20 mths) had three lots of lasagne yesterday lunch. dd1 and her bf merely nibbled and then asked for egg/mayo, tuna/mayo sarnies...

MaryChristmas Tue 21-Dec-04 14:07:53

You have cut the milk out then?
My Ds is still on three bottles a day plus the food too.
The Hv suggest he still needs a pint of milk a day, he is One.
Not sure myself, I'm sure I could cut one out.

GeorginaAdventCalendar Tue 21-Dec-04 14:15:18

Nope, milk not cut out - gets three milk feeds a day - morning, one at 2.30pm and one in the evening. Morning is usually quick because he's too nosey about what's going on. 2.30pm is usually a big feed and evening varies (if he's sleepy it'll be a nice warm cosy long feed, if not he'll get distracted quick).

Cinderellascarrieg Tue 21-Dec-04 14:26:08

I sympathise Georgina...ds is 4.5 months & also a very hungry caterpillar - an average day is 1) jar of apple or pear puree for breakfast 2) jar of Hipps cottage pie or similar 3) jar of vegetable puree, all interspersed with regular BFs!

HAD planned to exclusively BF until 6 months...<hollow laughter>

color Tue 21-Dec-04 14:35:43

the answer to your question in my experience seems to be 10 times more than when they reach 7 YEARS of age!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now