Talk

Advanced search

re-heating turkey - how do i stop it going dry?

(5 Posts)
mckenzie Sun 19-Dec-04 13:28:16

I'm feeding the 5000 on Christmas Day (slight exageration) and have taken Gordon Ramsey's advise and will be getting 2 turkeys, one of which I will cook and carve either on Christmas Eve or very early Christmas Day and then just time the second turkey to be ready as we sit down.

So, my question is to all you good cooks on Mumsnet, how shall I re-heat the meat that I have cooked and carved already?

Carla Sun 19-Dec-04 14:09:38

Reheat it under foil, then put really hot gravy on it, on hot plates. Good luck!!!

TwasTheNightBeforeCatbert Sun 19-Dec-04 14:20:43

Slice it and put it in the gravy in a large saucepan, and heat it all through together.

Or alternatively, leave some stock to one side, and heat the meat soaked in the turkey stock.

I use this all the year round for heating leftover sunday meat for eating with bubble and squeak.

It always guarantees moist meat!

soapboxingday Mon 20-Dec-04 20:45:18

Most carerers go for Catberts solution. Get a big baking tray - layer the turkey in it and cover with gravy. Put in the oven and reheat until bubbling. You can put the tray on the hob to reheat if you need the oven space.

Serve with extra gravy!

mckenzie Tue 21-Dec-04 21:58:45

thanks for these tips.
Fingers crossed it all goes to plan and if it doesn't...... they're all family!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now