Talk

Advanced search

Sliced roast beef ideas!

(9 Posts)
Miljea Fri 15-Jan-21 21:31:29

I've ended up with 8 slices of good quality roast beef.

Other than sandwiches, what can I do with it?

OP’s posts: |
ToffeeNotCoffee Fri 15-Jan-21 21:35:47

Put it on hot plates and serve with hot posh gravy and mashed potato or other side dishes of your choice.

Loner1 Fri 15-Jan-21 22:30:47

Yorkshire pudding wraps?

Blondie1984 Sat 16-Jan-21 03:03:59

Serve it with hot bubble and squeak

Miljea Sat 16-Jan-21 03:04:51

All sounding good! Thank you.

Shamefulcorners Sat 16-Jan-21 08:18:01

With crisp green salad: maybe Romaine lettuce, or roquette, endive, or watercress, and potato salad with shallot vinaigrette dressing, and dollop of horseradish?

With celeriac remoulade?

With steamed new pots and salsa verde? Or sauce gribiche?

Or in a sandwich with beautiful bread and mustard? With an Egyptian tomato salad on the side?

I love the sound of Yorkshire Pudding wraps btw! Come to think of it, Mary Berry does mini yorkshire puddings as canapes filled with horseradish cream and a rolled slice of rare roast beef on top.

ToffeeNotCoffee Sat 16-Jan-21 15:11:38

Make a bourguignonne sauce by frying streaky bacon, shallots, mushrooms and garlic together. Add a bunch of thyme and two tablespoons flour. Pour a bottle of red wine such as Syrah or Shiraz in and stir it all together. Melt a couple of stock cubes in a little bit of hot water and add that too. Bring it to a simmer. Add your slices of roast beef. Cook in an oven proof dish for half an hour. Serve with side dishes of your choice.

Miljea Sat 16-Jan-21 17:41:29

Great ideas! Thanks so much!

LaurieSchafferIsAllBitterNow Sat 16-Jan-21 17:53:10

I do a giant yorkshire pudding each, i have some 6 inch pie plates, do any veg and then reheat the beef in gravy ..Pile it all in, delish!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in