Talk

Advanced search

Chicken ideas

(14 Posts)
SweetPeaPods Tue 08-Dec-20 16:24:40

I have a pack of chicken breasts in the fridge than need cooking today. I cannot think for the life of me what to do with them apart from fajitas again.
Any ideas very welcome or I may just put them in the freezer!

OP’s posts: |
GazOnABender Tue 08-Dec-20 16:29:18

Dip them in egg and cornflakes, cook in the oven and top with dribble of sweet chilli sauce?

Hyperion100 Tue 08-Dec-20 16:32:44

I mean, can you ever really beat a fajita?!

AdaColeman Tue 08-Dec-20 16:48:38

If you've got some spices to make up a Moroccan style spice blend, cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, cloves fennel, make a tagine, you could add apricots, or sultanas chopped dates, almonds or preserved lemons, serve with cous-cous for something a bit different.

littleloopylou Tue 08-Dec-20 16:50:17

Chicken Milanese?

Fivemoreminutes1 Tue 08-Dec-20 17:32:40

This is one of my favourites recipes www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/mustard-stuffed-chicken
Chicken parmigiana with potato wedges
Burgers with lemon mayo

Imtoooldforallthis Wed 09-Dec-20 15:57:25

It's probably too late but I found this recipe on Pinterest and honestly it's the nicest easiest chicken recipe I've made n ages, observed with cubed roast potatoes and broccoli.

Garlic butter chicken.
Slightly flatten chicken breast, cost in flour seasoned with salt pepper and garlic granules, fry in pan with oil until crisp and golden, remove from pan. Add garlic to pan cook for a minute or so add chopped parsley and a little bit of stock, reduce down, add a good amount of butter return chicken to pan baste with the garlic butter and serve.

Ragwort Wed 09-Dec-20 15:59:29

I do a sort of Spanish chicken with rice quite a lot, I think it was originally a Delia recipe? Basically chicken, onions, peppers, tin tomatoes, paprika and rice - cook it all together - add chorizo if you have any.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 10-Dec-20 20:40:15

I know it's too late for today, but this is one of our current favourites smile

SweetPeaPods Fri 11-Dec-20 12:25:08

Thanks everyone, lots of yummy ideas.

OP’s posts: |
EnPoinsettia Fri 11-Dec-20 16:34:55

Biryani

SusannahSophia Sun 13-Dec-20 14:11:36

@Imtoooldforallthis, I did your garlic chicken last night with cubed roasties and fine green beans. It was really delicious, who would have guessed shed loads of garlic and butter would be so nice? wink

Imtoooldforallthis Sun 13-Dec-20 15:52:07

I know much more satisfying than kievs that have no butter in them.

jammyredroo Sun 13-Dec-20 15:59:33

I had this problem yesterday but knew I wanted to do them with pasta and I got some really great ideas for people.

I ended up diving the chicken breasts and making a chicken and chorizo pasta dish with spinach.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in