Talk

Advanced search

Chicken casserole in slow cooker made with fillets

(6 Posts)
Bigpinkslippers Sun 29-Nov-20 11:42:53

Hit me with your favourite recipes!
Need something warm, comforting and extremely tasty but not tomato based.
Has to use fillets as fussy buggers in the family won't eat thighs.
Thanks

OP’s posts: |
thedogandthecat Sun 29-Nov-20 19:36:45

How about a chicken curry? Or low and slow with bbq Sauce, pulled apart and put into a jacket potato always goes down well

4merlyknownasSHD Mon 30-Nov-20 13:37:37

What is it about thighs that they don't like? If it is the bone, then buy Thigh Fillets and don't tell them. Much tastier and much more tender in a casserole.....and cheaper.

Bigpinkslippers Mon 30-Nov-20 16:18:35

I agree about thighs much tastier. However I can get away with them in a curry but casserole no chance, its the texture and taste they don't like. I blame my husband as he refuses to eat them too 😡

OP’s posts: |
MilkRunningOutAgain Tue 01-Dec-20 12:30:18

Curries with coconut milk base rather than tomato are lovely. I do a chicken one with coconut milk, mushrooms and spinach added at the end which is good, even my DH eats it. Fry an onion and the mushrooms and chicken, add coconut milk and car of curry paste, simmer for 20 minutes, add spinach for a few minutes and serve with rice. My family don’t like brown chicken meat full stop, no chance of using thighs except I do make a chicken loaf where the mix is chopped up in a blender before cooking and I use thighs in that - the family don’t notice!

Aethelthryth Tue 01-Dec-20 12:36:44

Fillets will be horrible cooked in a slow cooker. Why not make the vegetable bit in the slow cooker (onions etc. with wine and stock) then quickly fry the fillets and add them- they only take 10-15 minutes

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in