Talk

Advanced search

Hand mixer or stand mixer?

(5 Posts)
Onedropbeat Sat 21-Nov-20 20:24:22

I don’t have a mixer but am doing more baking and could do with one

I also have a bread machine that I use daily and so I’m wondering if I have space for a stand mixer too

In which case I guess I should go with a hand mixer?

...unless a stand mixer can replace my bread machine and so my dough kneading and il just bake it in the Dutch oven instead of machine?

What should I buy please?!

OP’s posts: |
JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 22-Nov-20 11:21:11

I use a hand mixer but then my kitchen is tiny.

Justcallmemamma Wed 25-Nov-20 12:04:25

Personally I would invest in a stand mixer. Bread baked in a dutch oven is far better than in the bread machine. I only use my bread maker for the dough facility. Hope this helps.

Knittedfairies Wed 25-Nov-20 13:24:07

I only used my bread machine to make the dough too; baking in the oven gives a much better loaf. My bread maker failed and I couldn't replace it, (even though it was still under guarantee because every man and his dog were buying bread makers from Argos) so I use the stand mixer. A long way round to say you don't need both.

dudsville Wed 25-Nov-20 13:30:07

I don't go in for display pineapples, and i think counter top mixers fall into this category unless you actually use this frequently. Hand mixer neatly kept in a drawer. Fwiw, mine is made of beautiful shiny steel and every bit as eye candy as the pretty counter top mixers.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in