Talk

Advanced search

Easy Christmas Tea

(15 Posts)
Chameleon2003 Tue 17-Nov-20 19:20:29

Any ideas please for an easy tea after a big traditional lunch?
I usually do turkey rolls, salad, pork pie etc but would like to do something different (and easy as usually I'm knackered by then).

OP’s posts: |
AtleastitsnotMonday Tue 17-Nov-20 22:30:49

We don’t really bother with tea as such at Christmas. We tend to do a nice cheese board and crackers, nice chutney, pickled onions and little pickled gherkins. Grapes, celery, olives, nice crisps and nuts.
Although I do always envy people who talk about Christmas night toasties! And those Christmas tree shape crumpets - too cute!

ErrolTheDragon Tue 17-Nov-20 22:34:51

We have nice cheese, crackers and chutney, maybe the odd mince pie - DIY and no fuss, at whatever time each person feels like it.

Blondie1984 Wed 18-Nov-20 03:24:29

Soup with cheese filled rolls - or French onion soup with gruyere toasts

Fivemoreminutes1 Wed 18-Nov-20 04:38:14

If you don’t have salmon for breakfast, perhaps a salmon quiche or salmon and cream cheese bagels.
Cheese fondue
Last year I made Brie, bacon and blackberry jam croissant sandwich www.dontgobaconmyheart.co.uk/filled-croissants/

RockingMyFiftiesNot Wed 18-Nov-20 09:48:24

I also do a cheeseboard plus pate, with sliced baguette. crackers, grapes etc and Christmas cake. Fruit bowl on table too. If anyone wants a turkey sandwich, they are welcome to make it themselves.

Chameleon2003 Wed 18-Nov-20 14:38:30

Thanks all - I should have said we have elderly relatives (usually!) for the day so need to give them something.
Think I'll go for the cheese board idea and add some bits and bobs.
We've had the same Christmas tea since the 1970s!

OP’s posts: |
FannysSteadiedBuffs Wed 18-Nov-20 14:41:04

Cream tea with scones and sandwiches? We usually have part bake baguettes and cheese and ham.

lazylinguist Wed 18-Nov-20 14:42:36

Soup! Make in advance- easy peasy.

loutypips Wed 18-Nov-20 14:44:52

Cheese, pate, pickles and leftover meat! Help yourself with some lovely bread, nice and easy and everyone can have as much or as little as they want.

nemeton Wed 18-Nov-20 14:53:23

Macaroni cheese or chili con carne, done in the oven- people can help themselves to as much or as little as they need, and the leftovers are always easily dispatched in our house!

formerbabe Wed 18-Nov-20 14:59:56

nemeton

Macaroni cheese or chili con carne, done in the oven- people can help themselves to as much or as little as they need, and the leftovers are always easily dispatched in our house!

Wow, i can eat a lot but I feel stuffed just thinking about a Christmas lunch followed by chilli con carne grin

nemeton Wed 18-Nov-20 15:03:02

We eat Christmas lunch at 1, to be fair. By 6 people want food!

Inextremis Wed 18-Nov-20 15:03:35

Definitely the cheeseboard, including grapes and apples - with Christmas cake, mince pies and brandy cream, sherry and port (and good tea!) to drink. Easy, Christmassy, and so, so good!

GiraffeNecked Thu 19-Nov-20 15:46:37

Ham chips and egg. We usually have a ham knocking round. That's only if I have to cook though. We usually just put out the leftovers and baguettes in the oven and help yourself!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in