Talk

Advanced search

Will the cake be okay? Oven off.

(5 Posts)
SpinningTheMoon Sat 07-Nov-20 13:46:03

Thanks 😊 Funnily enough, everyone is denying touching the oven, I think they could tell I was Not Pleased 🤣

OP’s posts: |
adagio Sat 07-Nov-20 13:38:50

Good luck - and icing can cure a multitude of issues 😂

SpinningTheMoon Sat 07-Nov-20 13:35:30

It's out the oven now - I usually go by eye and feel as well as the timer so am just going to hope for the best - I don't have time to get more ingredients and make a new one and have it cool in time to decorate. It's not risen as much as I'd usually like, but it feels fairly light and spongy (if you know what I mean 😄).

adagio Sat 07-Nov-20 13:17:13

It might well sink, and be really stodgy in the middle even once ‘cooked’ plus you have no idea how long to cook it for now?
For a special birthday cake I would start again I’m sorry sad
For an any old cake I would give it a go though!

SpinningTheMoon Sat 07-Nov-20 13:09:25

Someone turned the blasted oven off while I had the sponges in for DD's birthday cake. I noticed before the timer went off and have put it back on again - I'm assuming it will need longer to get it to actually bake all the way through, and will check it every few minutes, but is there any reason it wouldn't be okay to eat?

I'm already hacked off as the eggs didn't come in this morning's food delivery which I didn't realise until I went to mix the thing, as DH had unpacked it. There's a curse on this cake!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in